1st autocross

theeulogy

That blower whine is sick! Do you have a pulley, or is that stock? I m hoping to get mine on the road here in a few weeks.

JERMzSS

Nice, Were they recording the times? Do you know how it compared to others there that day?
Yes they did. Look for Jermey Harrison

FB_IMG_1523486630552.jpg
FB_IMG_1523486624211.jpg

Mark Tate has a 300hp turbo Miata that is bad to the bone. TJ's 240 is very fast as well. The fastest car we've had...a viper with some suspension and nice tires ran a slightly different track and pulled a 54.

The Cobra kit car did beat my time but its a full time scca autocross track beast.

Over all considering im still not comfortable in the car yet im happy.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Nice times, a good 2 seconds ahead of second place. I wonder how these will stack up against the Exocet?
My Exocet friend and I are going to the track next month. Hopefully we’ll find out. I can tel you the ecotec is hands down better than the Miata engine. It’ll come down to chassis tuning I think.

JERMzSS

Thanks for posting the video. Videos are great motivation for the rest of us still in the build process.
Not a problem guys . I don't know how long y'all have been building but i know that there's times when you hope all of this time and money is gona be worth it.

Let me tell you it will 100% be worth it. The looks from people... especially kids is so awesome. Not to mention the fun factor. Stay motivated!!

JERMzSS

My Exocet friend and I are going to the track next month. Hopefully we’ll find out. I can tel you the ecotec is hands down better than the Miata engine. It’ll come down to chassis tuning I think.
I planned on adding 2 clicks to my front coilovers but ended up forgetting about it. Hopefully together we can work on what the best track/autocross set-ups are and share them with everyone.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I planned on adding 2 clicks to my front coilovers but ended up forgetting about it. Hopefully together we can work on what the best track/autocross set-ups are and share them with everyone.
Share what you end up doing with the with the adjustment. We haven't been on the street yet, but curious of a good first setting.

JERMzSS

Share what you end up doing with the with the adjustment. We haven't been on the street yet, but curious of a good first setting.
5 clicks positive is a good starting place for street dutys.

Twist the knobs all the way counter clockwise. Then go 5 clicks clockwise (more firm).

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Try a phone app Track Addict, basic version is free. High rating.
RAM Mounts for types of phone, tablet, etc mounts. Used one on my face kart with my iPhone.