1st autocross

dperkins

Wow! That looks awesome. I have a two day track event scheduled for may 25th and 26th at laguna, hopefully I will have the car running by then. Can't wait to see how 400 wheel hp will work if yours is bone stock at 200 ish ;)

JERMzSS

Wow! That looks awesome. I have a two day track event scheduled for may 25th and 26th at laguna, hopefully I will have the car running by then. Can't wait to see how 400 wheel hp will work if yours is bone stock at 200 ish ;)
In this video it has a 2.8 and 60s. Considering 240ish hp will take your breath away im sure 400 hp will alter time and space lol.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
It's dumb, but my favorite part was watching you swat at gravel. I think it's funny now, but I'm sure that opinion will change when I'm on the receiving end. Good show!

Last edited:

JERMzSS

It's dumb, but my favorite part was watching you seat at gravel. I think it's funny now, but I'm sure that opinion will change when I'm on the receiving end. Good show!
Haha it's not horriable with a helmet. Without one is a different story. lol

JERMzSS

What was wrong at the end? Get too nervous?

Great job!
Thanks! I should of explained that part but i forgot. The day before had a busy day and never ate or drank anything. I was in the sun for about 5 hours and wasnt feeling well tge next morning but it really hit me right before that run. I felt like i was about to throw up and i was really light headed when i finished the run because i was dehydrated.

I got out of the sun for a few hours and drank a ton of water and started feeling better a few hours later. Stay hydrated folks!!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Thanks! I should of explained that part but i forgot. The day before had a busy day and never ate or drank anything. I was in the sun for about 5 hours and wasnt feeling well tge next morning but it really hit me right before that run. I felt like i was about to throw up and i was really light headed when i finished the run because i was dehydrated.

I got out of the sun for a few hours and drank a ton of water and started feeling better a few hours later. Stay hydrated folks!!
If I do not drink a lot of water when it is hot and humid. I end up with gout the next day. All the normal triggers for gout have no effect. but let me forget to drink water and get dehydrated and I'm done for a few days.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru

Cyclists call that condition "bonking". Not a fun feeling.
I had that happen one time and I dont want to repeat it. Stay hydrated my friend.

I had read an article in a motocross magazine regarding hydration and found that hydrating for an event and/or heat exposure really needs to start the day before. Using plain old water and not sports drinks.

JERMzSS

If I do not drink a lot of water when it is hot and humid. I end up with gout the next day. All the normal triggers for gout have no effect. but let me forget to drink water and get dehydrated and I'm done for a few days.
Ouch!! I've heard that stuff is very painful.

JERMzSS

Cyclists call that condition "bonking". Not a fun feeling.
I had that happen one time and I dont want to repeat it. Stay hydrated my friend.

I had read an article in a motocross magazine regarding hydration and found that hydrating for an event and/or heat exposure really needs to start the day before. Using plain old water and not sports drinks.
Very good advise. I'll definitely remember that for the next event. Thanks!

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
No wonder my neck always hurts after a race. Look at those Gs!!View attachment 3835
Neck exercises will help. Lay on your back on your bed with your head hanging off the bed. Lift your head up bringing your chin to neck/chest. Start with 10-15 reps.
Lay on each side, lifting your head vertically, 10-15 reps to start with. If your able to do more, up to 30 reps.
When those reps get easy, put your helmet on and do the exercises.
This strengthening of the neck will help you to relax your shoulders and arms for more precise, consistent steering input.

Or just race a whole bunch.