2.0 LNF Engine harness thin down

Lando217

Hey guys, I am just going through my engine harness on my LNF and getting rid some wires and things I dont need to clean it up a bit. Like my AC wiring. My question is, do we need the evap purg solenoid that’s attached to the intake manifold, the wiring and hose? And also is there anything else I can get rid of? TIA guys!!

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You do not need anything that has anything to do with the EVAP, as far as wiring. I thinned out the engine harness and removed the wires all the way back to the connector and de-pinned it. Just kind of that way, I am.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You can also remove the wires for your second radiator fan. If you thought about using them for the heat exchanger fan, don't do it. They are not powered all the time.

Lando217

Thanks guys! Just doing it for a personal preference on making the engine look less cluttered.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Wow you're mentioning finding the wiring. Make sure and take your time connecting the two harnesses. It is good to use an electric multimeter to ensure the wires are the exact same. I ended up doing okay but I remember being pretty stressed out after that. I wish I would have taken my time a little bit more and use the multimeter on continuity

SkyRay

Hello. I'm preparing my 2008 2.0 LNF SS/TC engine for the arrival of the kit soon (hopefully). In watching the build guide part 15 it talks about relocating the MAF Sensor Wires from the belt side of the engine to the Transmission side of the engine, around the back side of the engine across the spark plug wires. However, on the LNF two of the spark plug wires come from one side of the engine harness and the other two from the other side of the engine harness. Do I pull the MAF sensor wires around the front side of the engine? Is there anything else that should be done differently from the video when preparing the donor parts for the build?

Also, I removed the engine wire harness entirely, with the plan to clean the engine, then replace the timing chain, clutch, flywheel, and other assorted parts, and then paint the engine. Now I'm looking at about 25 open connectors and thinking that it would be better to have the wire harness connected before degreasing and power washing the engine. Thoughts?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hello. I'm preparing my 2008 2.0 LNF SS/TC engine for the arrival of the kit soon (hopefully). In watching the build guide part 15 it talks about relocating the MAF Sensor Wires from the belt side of the engine to the Transmission side of the engine, around the back side of the engine across the spark plug wires. However, on the LNF two of the spark plug wires come from one side of the engine harness and the other two from the other side of the engine harness. Do I pull the MAF sensor wires around the front side of the engine? Is there anything else that should be done differently from the video when preparing the donor parts for the build?

Also, I removed the engine wire harness entirely, with the plan to clean the engine, then replace the timing chain, clutch, flywheel, and other assorted parts, and then paint the engine. Now I'm looking at about 25 open connectors and thinking that it would be better to have the wire harness connected before degreasing and power washing the engine. Thoughts?
A little duct tape over the ends of the connectors will keep liquids and paint out of the pins. BTW, did you label the wire harness side connectors as you removed them?

SkyRay

A little duct tape over the ends of the connectors will keep liquids and paint out of the pins. BTW, did you label the wire harness side connectors as you removed them?
I did. In some cases I wasn't sure what it was connecting to, but I tried to take pics so I can go back and see which label was connected to which connector. I'm sure there will be questions.

QuantumFluxuation

When I've cleaned engines before I've used saran/plaatic wrap with a rubber band. Aluminum foil also works well.

Over cleaner also works well as a degreaser and it's cheap.

Edit: I would not use oven cleaner on aluminum parts as it causes corrosion.

Last edited: