2007 SS sc coolant hose route

Sho

F645D06F-89D5-4020-909C-33E2A6210F34.jpeg
84D8882D-2A0D-441F-95CD-D761F309BE1A.jpeg
205C5D14-B095-4ABD-BA52-B76D12A3A992.jpeg
Hey guys. I am puzzled to where the air to water cooler and reservoir hoses should route. Been searching everywhere on here and it’s either not existent as a post or it’s a turbo mod and it’s different...

As of now I have all 4 “major” corners connected. Front 2 connections to radiator and rear 2 connections to the top of head and rear next to exhaust manifold.

My dilemma is that do the air to water inlet come from cold (driver side) and outlet (past T) go to the remaining hose connection next to exhaust manifold?

Then where does the reservoir integrate?
Do I need to purchase T’s? (What Ts are good? Anything at Lowe’s ect aren’t rated for coolant temps)

Any help is appreciated! Almost done...!

BAR-AIR

My setup may be totally different (seeing that it is a ZZPerformance supercharger kit added to a stock 2.2 Ecotec). At least on my setup the supercharger coolant (antifreeze) is totally separate from the engine coolant. The one of the 3/4” hoses goes directly to the Bosch pump and the to the cooler (supercharger’s radiator) the other 3/4” hose goes directly (you can install a tee for a fill line) to the cooler.
SORRY not at home and I can’t get pictures to up load...
I did have a problem with the an air lock in the engine cooling system due to not using the stock reservoir. Ended up having to block the overflow on the front radiator then replaced the aftermarket reservoir with the stock one. (The 3/4” connection on the thermostat housing should go directly to the bottom of the stock reservoir.

Andy

The SC coolant and the car coolant should be kept separate as there are separate radiators for each. On the SC side the Pump should pump into the manifold then run thru the sight glass/filler than it should run to the intercooler then back to the pump. You keep it as 2 systems because the radiator will be hotter than the incoming air into the engine and you don't want to preheat the air.

Andy

The connection on the block in the second picture should run to the radiator overflow tank.

Sho

50C6E46A-08FB-4CDF-9C93-A89009CBAA71.jpeg
DE49CB67-5B2A-4E43-AB05-B9958536C426.jpeg
Thanks for the reply guys.
I asked Adam once about this and he said to just utilize the radiator on board. So that means to just T off the connections...?

But nuker I have been reading your posts and had a lot of luck from them. Thanks! And please, if you can take some pics it would help!

One last thing, any tips on getting the fuel line fittings on the provided nylon tubing...? Seems super tight
Also I’m guess this small (1/4”) T is for the vent tube? Let me know please. There weren’t any labels.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I went with a 3 ft stainless AN -6 fuel line and 2 AN-6 to GM quick connectors. I didn't have too good of luck with those hose barb fittings. They leaked on me twice. It looks good and was like 50 bucks from jegs. Yeah that Tee connection is for the vent. I asked the same question a little while ago here.

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/nearly-finished.505/
Andy which size did you go with on the GM quick connect side? I was looking at those just yesterday but they have a 5/16, 3/8 etc.

BAR-AIR

Here are a couple of the photos. Two 3/4” hoses coming off the supercharger (had to put 90’s on them due to lack of room with fuel tank). Those two lines run back to the superchargers cooler (radiator). I believe the lower hose connects to the Bosch pump?
E5877004-CDCD-45D4-8BF3-3A2422E572DA.jpeg

A photo of the cooler, I added an inline fill cap right at the cooler (highest point?). Really slow to fill probably could use an additional reservoir.
7701ED09-0876-467B-B63A-5DA211A05884.jpeg

Sho

Cool setup bar. I may have to go grab a radiator to slap on in the same location as yours. Just to be clear I can just go buy a regular radiator that fits, correct?

Since this intercooler is air to water so it’s basically the same as a regular radiator.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.
(Any thoughts on “frostbite” brand from autozone?)

BAR-AIR

F10D165A-67F9-4AE1-9D3C-66990AA2C325.jpeg
Here are a couple that I tried before I settled for the one on my car. The black one is very good quality and the fan and shroud go with it. The silver one is the prefect size but quality is only okay. The one on my car is slightly big but really good quality. All you really need is a cooler with 3/4” hose attachment capabilities.
A976E8DD-DAB0-4316-91A9-9D5A43866065.jpeg

Here is pretty much the finished mount for the cooler, added an additional tube that mounts to modified wing mounts. Just reworking the exhaust to mount the muffler more vertical to bring the heat further away from the cooler.

Sho

Real quick guys, putting seats on and do you remember what bolt size the center channel side seatbelt tap is? I've tried many sizes I have from old bolts to new and NONE fit, even tried the reverse threaded old seatbelt bolts... HELP!

Sho

just primed my fuel system and noticed a gas smell... the connector "neck" at the top of the pump is leaking... I did think that I primed it a little longer than usual but would this create enough pressure to break the connector? Or is the connector fine, just primed too much and the larger than usual pressure is pushing the fuel out?

What do you think!?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure a fuel pump would generate enough pressure in a dead head scenario to rupture connectors and lines. The connectors can get brittle over time, and more than likely there is probably a crack somewhere. It might also be the fitting that's leaking too.