2009 SS/TC wire harness questions

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The parking brake wire doesn't do anything more than light up the indicator lamp on your dash cluster. If you live in a state that requires a parking brake, you might want to save this wire.

RichRich

This is all I have of my headlight harness, he had HID's on there and it was hit very hard in the front left so a lot of it got smashed. I removed the orange wire for the washer pump but the horn connector along with the horn wasn't salvageable.

Anyone know off the top of their head if the orange and black connector is for foglamps? Is that worth keeping if so?

Thinking of just getting headlight and turn signal socket and solder the wires together to the main harness to bypass the blue plugs. Any opinions? Cheapest I can find is $23 a piece for those 6 pin connectors. Seems a bit steep for a plug
20171002_095841.jpg
20171002_101920.jpg

Last edited:

RichRich

Ended up getting a new horn and connector for just over $20.

What is required beyond that blue plug at the wiring harness? Don't see anything in future videos or the build logs. Have been searching for hours. Just not sure what Stage 2 or 3 comes with exactly

Last edited:

RichRich

So from the pic from above here is the layout of each wire in case there are others who bought a donor with a severely smashed front end

the connector on the left
Light Blue - Left park/turn signal
Dark green w/white - Left High beam
Yellow - left low beam
Purple - Daytime running lights
Black - Ground

Bare wires on the right
Light green w/black - Right High beam
Tan w/white - Right low beam
Dark Blue - Right park/turn signal
Purple - Daytime running lights
Black - Ground

Orange and black connector is for fog lamps and should be T-d together with the other set of fog lamps somewhere in line and of course a ground wire to go with it

Has anyone kept their fog light wires for other lighting options?

RichRich

Your name throws me off all the time, my last name starts with an "N" so I always see your posts and think I posted to it. haha

Astraeus

I have a few questions to add to this.

The ABS connector has wires for the wheel speed sensors. I take it between removing this connector, and having to modify the rear hubs for use in the front, there is no point in keeping any of the wiring for the wheel speed sensors?

There are also 2 wires that go from the ABS connector to the brake booster plug. Just remove those wires from the brake booster plug? Or is that connector also not needed?

I assume the wiring and connector for the yaw rate sensor is also not needed?

And finally, with no wheel speed sensors, I assume traction control does not work, and there is no reason to keep the traction control button from the dash harness. Correct? No "performance mode" with launch control either?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
No point in keeping the wheel speed sensors.

You can remove the brake booster plug completely.

Yaw sensor can be removed too.

Correct. Traction control won't work.