2010 TC 110k donor on eBay 3900

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I think the only way to tell if a car has an LSD is the G85 notation on the trunk sticker? RPD doesn't necessarily mean LSD, I think they're separate options - but I am not certain.

Does seem like an good deal, though, slightly over what I paid for my salvaged SS/TC with more miles.

RouteAbel

How'd it go???
Went well. I bought it. Shipper is picking it up tomorrow and I should have by Wednesday if all goes well. Overall it seems like a great donor, the body was trashed but the engine seemed stout and with 114K miles. Only real concern is it was giving a ticking sound. I'm hopeful that's just because its been sitting for a year and not the lifters or something.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of body to build and place an order.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
What are you intending to do with the Goblin? Daily driver? Weekend cruiser? Racer? Will you be driving in traffic or out in rural areas? Are you tall or short in stature? All of these questions, plus many more you will need to mull over before making a decision.

Many of us, like myself, being tall and large, chose the extended chassis for legroom and headroom. Since my car will be seeing city traffic and likely some road coarse time, I went with the track frame. This works for me. What you choose is personal and whatever way you go, the members of the forum are always ready to provide advice and technical help.

And BTW, you may want to get a Build Log page set up since you're starting your adventure.

Christopher Sanchez

Went well. I bought it. Shipper is picking it up tomorrow and I should have by Wednesday if all goes well. Overall it seems like a great donor, the body was trashed but the engine seemed stout and with 114K miles. Only real concern is it was giving a ticking sound. I'm hopeful that's just because its been sitting for a year and not the lifters or something.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of body to build and place an order.
I am willing to bet the ticking sound is normal. I believe it is related to the high pressure fuel pump but do not quote me on that. I have owned two LNF cobalts and they both had the same tick, as i read lonnys post directly above. haha I can't wait to see your build!

RouteAbel

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. I've never had a turbo car before. Been more the v8 guy.

I think I want an easy entry track frame but I'd like to go sit in a few to be sure. Fortunately I'm less than 3 hours from the factory down in Austin, TX.