2019 EcotecNation Tail Of the Dragon Meet

Hey hey everyone! I just wanted to drop a quick post to let you know that planning for our annual Tail of the Dragon Meet Weekend is in full swing. We partner up the planning process with Cobalt Nation and so far, we have lodging available, the dinner banquet is in the works and sponsors are filing in! We welcomed Over the Top Performance and Category V Portworx as sponsors last week and will be announcing a few more this week. Sponsors donate parts and services that are Ecotec specific to a raffle that helps offset the cost of the event.

If you don’t know what TOTD is, you are missing OUT! It’s an 11 mile stretch of road on the NC/TN border that boasts a whopping 318 twists turns and curves. Your Goblin was born to cruise the Dragon and it’s surrounding roads. This is one hell of a good time! This event is for ALL Ecotec vehicles. DF has joined us a few times and it’s an awesome time. I would LOVE to see some new faces out there from our Goblin Family!

Wes

This is coming up in a few weeks. I'm planning to be there Fri/Sat, staying at the "resort". I know of a couple of people that are coming, who is going to make it out?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Hmmn... I have the time, but it is a fair drive. Anyone in Missouri/Kansas/Oklahoma/Arkansas interested in carpooling? Tow 2 Goblins, TOTD weekend!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Hmmn... I have the time, but it is a fair drive. Anyone in Missouri/Kansas/Oklahoma/Arkansas interested in carpooling? Tow 2 Goblins, TOTD weekend!
Yes. I've been kicking around the idea of driving the Goblin out there. Even if I trailer it, I'll have to make it a two day drive either way. 975 miles for me. I've done a single day 500 mile trip in the Goblin that wasn't too bad. Not sure about that two days in a row though. Lol.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I've done a single day 500 mile trip in the Goblin that wasn't too bad. Not sure about that two days in a row though. Lol.
There is no way I could do that. my legs are cramped up after 2 hours behind the wheel. My right knee has a huge dent formed in it from resting on the shifter housing. So wish I would of went extended.

Wes

I'll buy anyone who drives that far in their Goblin a drink! I'm trailering mine into the area earlier in the week and driving it up foothills parkway to stay in TN for a couple days. We did some of the motorcycle routes in the Asheville area last year after the meetup, planning a bunch more this time.

Wes

Mannn you guys I drove from KC to Dallas to KC in one day!

Nuker
I drove mine 4 hours from Raleigh to Boone last week, a trip that normally is like 2 1/2 hours if you take I-40. I can't do the interstate highways in this thing for long and after 4 hours of stoplights and 2 lane roads with "extreme" passing zones I am done. Dallas to KC is like 8 hours, I can't imagine that round trip in a day!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I made my reservations in Andrews, NC. I really don't want to drive 900 miles for an 11 mile trip--22 miles if you count the trip back LOL--so I will be spending a few extra days before the meet to see what the area is all about. From what I hear, one could easily spend several days just driving all the different roads out there. I really hope the weather cooperates. It seems like every time I hear Dragon tales, it always seems to involve rain.

I've been looking forward to making it out there for a couple of years now. I hope to see some other Goblins out there too.

KSLunsfo

I'm considering this, but have a lot to figure out. Where to stay, how long I'll stay, etc... Also, as someone without a goblin or anything ecotec for that matter I'll be more of a spectator. I would like to take my bike there, but 4 hours on a crotch rocket... ugh...

Perhaps I'll attend this next year in chassis #171! (Recently ordered)

KSLunsfo

My girlfriend and I are going to spend Thursday night (Octorber 3rd) in Robinsville and a bit of Friday around Tail of the Dragon hanging out, spectating etc. Sometime Friday afternoon we're heading to Pigeon Forge for the remainder of the weekend.

So, for those that know more about this event than me, what should I expect for Friday? Will any of you be around during this time?

Wes

We are heading to Tapoco lodge tomorrow for a night, up to Sevierville for a couple of days and back to Tapoco Friday afternoon. Which way are you going to TN? We are coming back through great smoky mtn park so maybe we could meet up on that side. Phone/internet is non-existent through much of the area so lmk. There will be some Ecotec Ntn people at Tapoco Friday night, the meeting is on Saturday morning at the dam and they usually do a dinner meetup sat night. We are heading back Saturday afternoon though, I think 5 days will be enough for me.

KSLunsfo

For heading to Robinsville we'll just take the long haul down I40 with the last bit being on 74, so 100% highway. For heading to Pigeon Forge, if I simply follow the little blue line on my GPS I'll run up Tapoco Rd and right through tail of the dragon, then heading north up Foothills Parkway. But it looks like there's no direct shot to great smokey mountain park from TOTD, which way are you heading to Servierville? That looks like quite a haul...

Wes

Yeah we are going up to TN that way and coming back the "long" way. We actually are here at Tapoco now, they are going to let me leave my truck/trailer here until we come back on Friday. Did a lap down an back on the tail earlier, there was no traffic. We might have seen 6 or 8 cars going the other way, it was awesome!

KSLunsfo

Wow! That would be awesome, traffic somewhat ruins these kind of things. I'm sure during the week is the best time to be there.

KSLunsfo

Hey Wes, what time did you think you'd be passing through the great smokey mountain park? We're currently at the Apple Valley shopping center, towards Wears Valley. I saw the same orange goblin 3 different times today around the tail, they were always driving so didn't get to talk.

KSLunsfo

Oh cool, we may have just missed passing you along the way. Yeah I kept hoping to see him pulled over haha.