5/110 to 5/114.3 conversion and brake information

Johvans

I'd just like a spot/sticky to clarify the bolt pattern conversion for those of us interested in the service.

From what I understand we send or bring the hubs to the Doyle's and they will remove the studs and re-drill the hubs (front and rear) to 5/114.3 and reinstall the studs.

What brake rotors will we use for the kit with the re-drilled hubs (front/rear)? I assume since its more than likely an SS model (not sure if non SS models had 5 lug) that the front brakes will be provided drilled to the pattern we need. Would you re-drill the stock rotors or is there a rotor that works with this new setup?

I know you guys are more than busy but it might be nice to have a sticky with part numbers for various components depending on the trim level?

Thanks!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
With the SS kits we supply front and rear brakes (base model kits just require the fronts because they reuse the donor's front brakes at the rear).

Front Rotor: #19241848
The front for all Goblin kits is an 11 inch rotor that comes to us with 5x110. It is from the 5 lug base model Cobalt. We can leave it with just 5x110 or drill it to 5x114 if you want that.

Rear Rotor: #19295236
The rear that we provide is a 10 inch rotor with 4x100. We redrill it to 5x110 or 5x114 depending on what you want.

Johvans

What stage are brake parts a part of? Are they new calipers? What pads do they use?

Thanks!

SliderR1

I'm curious as to the answer of Johvans question - not sure if it was answered in a PM or not. I'm planning to run 5x114.3 on my Goblin as well.

Adam/Lonny - are these types of questions you guys ask before sending parts out? I'd hate to have to starting sending stuff back and forth because we weren't clear on some things.

Johvans

I'm curious as to the answer of Johvans question - not sure if it was answered in a PM or not. I'm planning to run 5x114.3 on my Goblin as well.

Adam/Lonny - are these types of questions you guys ask before sending parts out? I'd hate to have to starting sending stuff back and forth because we weren't clear on some things.
Jaret,

Adam and I found out that the 4 lug uses the same spline axle as the 5 lug SS/SC so I will be running 4 lug hubs/wheels.

Hope this answers your question!

John

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I also did the same, went from 5 lug SS/SC to 4 lug. So much more wheel options.

The brakes that come with the kit us the cobalt brake pads from base. I ordered 2 sets of the power stop brake carbon fiber pads they work great.

Nuker-

Adam

Administrator
Staff member

Last week when you told me you found the SS/SC I mentioned in my reply that some of the SC guys swapped to 4x100 hubs. Then you said you are interested in 5x100 or 5x114.3. I responded that 114.3 is what most of the TC guys go with and that we can redrill the hubs for you if you mail them. Is this what you want to do?

Last edited:

SliderR1

rotors or hubs? I thought the rotors were coming from DF, in which case you definitely need direction from me on which way to go. I'm checking around here locally to see about getting the hubs re-drilled, but I think with the wheel sizes I'm leaning towards, I'm going to need spacers and can accomplish the bolt pattern switch with adapters from 5x100 to 5x114.3

Honestly, I'm back and forth daily on what to do... I'm super picky about wheels and sizes and how they look on the car. I've finally found a set of wheels that I like. The problem is the diameter/width options in that specific wheel.

This is what I'm thinking right now:
Front: XXR 530 17x7 35mm offset; RE-71R 215/45/17 Wheel weight: 18.4 lb; Tire weight: 22 lb; Total height: 24.6"
Rear: XXR 530 18x9.75 20mm offset; RE-71R 265/35/18 Wheel weight: 23.8 lb; Tire weight: 27 lb; Total height: 25.3"

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Hubs* I'm correcting that in my first post. If you send hubs the machine shop can drill them.

PG5

This is what I'm thinking right now:
Front: XXR 530 17x7 35mm offset; RE-71R 215/45/17 Wheel weight: 18.4 lb; Tire weight: 22 lb; Total height: 24.6"
Rear: XXR 530 18x9.75 20mm offset; RE-71R 265/35/18 Wheel weight: 23.8 lb; Tire weight: 27 lb; Total height: 25.3"
The XXR 530 is what I'm considering as well. The 17's are available with the 4x100 bolt pattern and good widths. I'm thinking about running:
Front: XXR 530 17x8.25 25mm offset w/ Toyo Proxy R1R 245/40/17 (Link to Wheels)
Rear: XXR 530 17x9.75 25mm offset w/ Toyo Proxy R1R 275/40/17 (Link to Wheels)

XXR 530 17x7 35mm offset 4x100 (Link to Wheels)

The fronts are probably way too big, but my "performance coach" (Friend) is urging me to go bigger.

Silverback

'Been mulling this over for months. I'll run 4x100 15" front, 5x114.3 17" rear with:

Enkei RPF-1 15x8-28 11.35# & Hankook R-S4 195x50ZR15 22.5" tall 8.5" (more like a 205) wide 19# = 30.35# total/wheel
Enkei RPF-1 17x9-22 16.35# & Hankook R-S4 245x40ZR17 24.5" tall 10.1" wide 25# = 41.35# total/wheel

All four weigh 143.4# and keep the tire height down.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind on this light of a car big wide tires especially up front are going to have a hard time getting up to temp.

Nuker-

Silverback

Keep in mind on this light of a car big wide tires especially up front are going to have a hard time getting up to temp.
Nuker-
Point well taken. Guess it depends on your driving style :D If I want to run SCCA Solo events, the car will be A-Mod or E-mod and will have to be on slicks to be competitive.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Adam, if I'm wanting to go 4x100 hubs and rotors on all four corners for my SS donor kit, is this the format to let you know?

I was not aware that in the SS kit would provide the hubs and rotors.

It seems that 4x100 gives you a wider selection of widths and back spacing.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Adam, if I'm wanting to go 4x100 hubs and rotors on all four corners for my SS donor kit, is this the format to let you know?

I was not aware that in the SS kit would provide the hubs and rotors.

It seems that 4x100 gives you a wider selection of widths and back spacing.

The kit does not include any hubs. My SS kit came with 4 new rotors and calipers. It's up to you to buy new hubs or reuse.

Silverback

...if I'm wanting to go 4x100 hubs and rotors on all four corners for my SS donor kit...It seems that 4x100 gives you a wider selection of widths and backspacing.
Depends on your SS donor. I'm pretty sure the supercharged SS (aka LSJ) can connect to base model 4x100 hubs. 4x100 is great unless you want to get bigger wheels, then your possible choices diminish the bigger you go. The stock turbocharged SS drivetrain can't hook up to a base model 4x100 hub (though I wish it would.) Lonny told me the turbo SS drivetrain hubs cannot be drilled for 4x100, so I had them redrilled for 5x114.3. I purchased 2009 base model non-ABS rear hubs to run on the front so I could run 15" Enkei RP-F1 4x100 wheels.

Last edited: