A honda motor =0)

RichRich

They do, except it is american made by GM performance division. ;) The turbo charged SS is 300+hp with only a tune and much more with only a turbo swap and can get it for MUCH less than the $6,500 price tag on the honda

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The only engine I would want in a goblin besides the 2.0 ecotec is the Honda f20 from the s2000 because 9k rpm all day every day would be sick as hell.

Nuker

kalishek

Let me tell you where Ecotec 2.0 l LNF technology is at currently. The 999 SuperSport Mk2 is making 505 hp at flywheel and 440 hp at tires. This is with a GM crate engine with following mods: ZZP big fuel lobe cam, European flex fuel injectors, ZZP mod BorgWarner EFR turbo pushing 32 psi boost, large air to water intercooler, GM intercooler water pump, large diameter hose to catch can from stock location on valve cover (for blow by), and most important a Life Racing DI ECU tuned by Danzio Racing (Life Racing USA distributor). All of this is bolt on technology. This is max hp for Ecotec crate engine. Above this requires replacing stock rods for something stronger. For road racing we dial boost back to 30 psi and 466 hp at 2400 lbs wet weight. More than enough to put smack down on Corvettes, Porsche GT3 Cup cars, Vipers, etc. Videos on You Tube 999 SuperSport channel.

KJP

You can buy a whole SS cobalt making more power (minimal mods) for the same price as just the engine.

DanPerryy

WCM - world call motorsports also in texas has a S2000 setup for a Lotus 7 clone - they are in Texas too. A BTW - the person that originally owned that company is named Brian and he rented space from Lonny. He built 91 kits in many years. His first car had a Saturn engine. I don't thnink they are too active now. I think the goblin handles the weight better.