Aaron Buley's Street (Extended) Goblin #136 - 09 SS/TC donor

askiles

Goblin Guru
I'm pretty sure this is it.

That looks to be the seal in the transmission.

There should be a slight gap there, that is the bigger portion of the axle that doesn’t slip into the jackshaft. I also don’t believe there is a cover for it. I have never seen one.

aaronbuley

What did y'all do for the rear brake lines from the steel lines to the calipers? I put the 2 that came with the kit on the front. I broke down the pair from the Cobalt donor. The rubber alone is just slightly too short, but adding the steel extension makes it about a foot and a half too long.

aaronbuley

Ah ok. Didn't know that was available. Didn't see it as an option when quoting. I got 2 in the kit, but couldn't figure out what others were doing for the rear. Cheers.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I also bought the SS lines from DF. Well worth the $$$ upgrade. My rubber hoses were worse for the wear.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
that's what i thought... sigh, ok. i'll work to find it or buy a new one. i'm starting to regret letting people 'help me' take it apart at times. Lol
Aaron, tell me it's not true. I'm in a wheelchair so donor disassembly will be tough. Shoot reassembly will be tough, but doable. I came up with the brain child on Monday to get all my friends over for a BBQ and cobalt stripping party. One night. 8 guys. A bunch of cameras, tools, and a lot of prep work. 2 of the guys have already taken their cobalt apart and are waiting on the chassis, so it's still fresh in their minds. I know it will be chaos, but figured it would work with enough film and labels. I would do a bunch of engine bay labeling and fluid draining prior. 3 guys on drive train, 2 inside, 2 on the rear and a couple just expediting.

aaronbuley

Dude, that sounds awesome!! Where is this taking place? Am I invited?!? :)

You’ll be fine as long as you are very clear about the need to label and DON’T THROW ANYTHING AWAY! :)

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Myself and two others completely stripped the donor in about 6 hours just two weeks ago. Two guys who’ve recently done it would be better than everyone else combined.

Aaron, tell me it's not true. I'm in a wheelchair so donor disassembly will be tough. Shoot reassembly will be tough, but doable. I came up with the brain child on Monday to get all my friends over for a BBQ and cobalt stripping party. One night. 8 guys. A bunch of cameras, tools, and a lot of prep work. 2 of the guys have already taken their cobalt apart and are waiting on the chassis, so it's still fresh in their minds. I know it will be chaos, but figured it would work with enough film and labels. I would do a bunch of engine bay labeling and fluid draining prior. 3 guys on drive train, 2 inside, 2 on the rear and a couple just expediting.

aaronbuley

Myself and two others completely stripped the donor in about 6 hours just two weeks ago. Two guys who’ve recently done it would be better than everyone else combined.
Agreed, just knowing what's what makes it 10x faster / more effective. That's why I'm always on this dang forum. Haha

aaronbuley

Turbo plumbing is complete except for the MAP and the hose that connects right next to it. I'm lost on that piece and (I'm imagining it's because of that) now that the charge pipes are all hooked up, the revs surge from 1k to 2k and drop continually. Does anyone with a Turbo mind showing some video or pictures of where the MAP and hose (connecting to the pipe between the IC and intake manifold) connect?

Lonny, I was thinking about trailering it down there this week so y'all could give it a look over if I have any glaring mistakes.