Acceleration smoothing

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Many owners have noticed super aggressive throttle response in the lightweight Goblin. I was playing around in HPT and discovered a very effective throttle bounce mitigation parameter. Go to Engine>Spark>Advance

Set spark smoothing to enable. Click on High Torque Gain. Set all cells to .5 and go for a drive. Adjust from there.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Many owners have noticed super aggressive throttle response in the lightweight Goblin. I was playing around in HPT and discovered a very effective throttle bounce mitigation parameter. Go to Engine>Spark>Advance

Set spark smoothing to enable. Click on High Torque Gain. Set all cells to .5 and go for a drive. Adjust from there.
Is that for the turbo? I don't remember that setting but it might be available for the SC. I will have to see.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I just picked up my 06 SS/NA, with intention of adding a TC after my build. I hope that some of those options were available in 06. I'm afraid throttle gain may be a higher level function than what was available in 06.

askiles

Goblin Guru

I just pulled open my tune in VCM Editor and under Spark > Advanced we can turn on or off the Spark Smoothing, but there is not option for "High Torque Gain" at all.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I just pulled open my tune in VCM Editor and under Spark > Advanced we can turn on or off the Spark Smoothing, but there is not option for "High Torque Gain" at all.
HPT has beginners and advanced options in settings. Not all parameters are available if you have the software on beginner.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I think 06 was the first year that you could tune, it's not surprising that the functionality is not as refinded as later years. If I'm not mistaken, 06 is the first year that you could tune the ecm with a file. Prior to 06, most tuning was done through devises that were plugged "inline" and that "faked out" the ecm.

I'm excited to get to the point in our build that requires tuning. Right now I'm just looking at this beautiful looking and running little red car and thinking, "are we really going to completely disassemble it?"...... Naw, I'm not really thinking that. One view of JustinReeds videos makes all doubt go away. I just want to go fast to.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I think 06 was the first year that you could tune, it's not surprising that the functionality is not as refinded as later years. If I'm not mistaken, 06 is the first year that you could tune the ecm with a file. Prior to 06, most tuning was done through devises that were plugged "inline" and that "faked out" the ecm.

I'm excited to get to the point in our build that requires tuning. Right now I'm just looking at this beautiful looking and running little red car and thinking, "are we really going to completely disassemble it?"...... Naw, I'm not really thinking that. One view of JustinReeds videos makes all doubt go away. I just want to go fast to.
In addition base models before 08 used a different ecu than the later models. Something about switching from 32 to 64 bit but the details are fuzzy

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I'm hoping I made the right decision with my donor purchase. I got the 06 SS /NA because the LE5 is supposed to have forged internals. Also ZZP has a tune already designed for that car. One of the exciting things about this build is that I get to learn HP Tuners and thought it would be good to learn on something that already has a decent tune. I

I think our kit is supposed to be here in mid Aug. I still have time to change donors if I decide to.