Additional parts/components needed

jamesm

Goblin Guru
My Google-fu is failing me today... Does anyone have a list of any parts/components needed to finish a Goblin aside from a functional donor? I heard from Adam that my frame is getting close to being ready so I want to go ahead and order anything else I might need.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
That's a hard question to answer as each build is custom. There is no way to really say that you need this amount of fuel line, this number of electrical connectors, or whatever.

The kits are stocked to provide just about everything you need. That's not to say you won't need additional items, but it's virtually impossible to predict what exactly you'll need.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The kit provides the steering wheel and the Goblin was designed to use the stock wheels/tires. It's up to the builder as far as whether or not they want to use that stuff.

I know that's not being helpful, but the kits are fairly well stocked. The only thing I can think of that the TC kits don't provide is the fuel line and filter. That's really about the only thing I had to go out and source myself.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I couldn't find a detailed list of parts in the kit so that's actually quite helpful.

Thank you!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You will need you own tires/wheels, seat, seat belts, seat brackets for your seats, and a bunch of misc little items. I'm sure there are other items I'm forgetting about, but they do a really good job of getting you started. These aren't really meant to be a 100% complete, all inclusive kits as most customize to their own liking.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I downloaded those docs too, and I was looking all over for them but couldn't find them on the forum. Just to clarify, you don't necessarily need seat brackets. The kit comes with non-slider brackets. But if you want sliding seats, then yeah, that's something to think about.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can think of that the TC kits don't provide is the fuel line and filter. That's really about the only thing I had to go out and source myself.
When using a turbo donor you reuse the original fuel line and the filter is on the fuel pump.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I always thought the thing in the pump was a pre-filter. That explains why I couldn't ever find the canister filter like the other models have.

redline

When using a turbo donor you reuse the original fuel line and the filter is on the fuel pump.
how much of the stock fuel line will i need? my donor is on the ground so I can't get to the line very easily but the tank is close to the engine in the kit so I assume not very much is needed?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
If you can find 6' or so of fuel line that will be more than enough. You'll probably only really use about half that as it's not very far from the fuel pump up to the top of the engine in a Goblin.

This is just me, but I recommend getting AN fittings and some braided fuel line.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
how much of the stock fuel line will i need? my donor is on the ground so I can't get to the line very easily but the tank is close to the engine in the kit so I assume not very much is needed?
The turbo cars have a fuel line that hooks from the fuel pump to the steel line under the car. It is about three feet long and has quick connects on each end. All you need to do is hook one end to your pump and the other end to your fuel rail.

redline

Lonny, any idea on a part number for that line? I believe I already did away with mine, and I can't seem to match it up anywhere. all the auto part places I try only show the external filter style. I have one more place in my garage to look for the line, I know I wouldn't have purposefully thrown it away??

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I think I'm going to go ahead and replace the clutch while I have the engine out. Should I go ahead and replace the timing chains while I'm at it? Anything else?