Additions to Frame

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Are there any additions that you have or will weld to your frame before painting/powder coating? I'm trying to think of all of the things that I might need or want that need to be welded on now.

I know I need to check the mounting of the seat. I may weld two mounting tabs for possible front spoiler. License plate?

Other ideas or thoughts?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I will be adding some type of seat brackets. I don't particularly like the taillights with the kit, But I will use them at first but I am looking for some other lights to replace those. That Is my biggest reason for painting the chassis just makes adding or changing things in the future easier.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have not found any tail lights that I like. I'm going to have my son print up some type of housing to change the shape/style a bit more to my liking.

BAR-AIR

Photos aren’t that good but you can get the idea.
A9E878E7-2D7C-4BB1-9149-F9A78485BD7D.jpeg

Tab for the main fuse block.
EA855F2B-7C4D-45B4-8745-28E2BBFDD725.jpeg

Both sides have longer tabs for the brake lines and fuel filter bracket on the drivers side.
F9CC7F00-912D-4083-82DA-16624EC386DE.jpeg

Tab between the upper roll bar for future bikini top or for a light bar.
872AD012-445E-4175-9B25-C7C829F593D7.jpeg

One home made removable tab and a store bought light mount tab.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks! That helps a lot! I'm already coming up with plans for more tabs to have my son design and get cut as school.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’m getting my frame powdercoated later on because I plan to add a few items. So far I plan to tab in an aeroforce interceptor gauge plate under the steering wheel, as well as seat mounts on the floor and a catch can somewhere near the engine.