Aftermarket solid shifter?

dastrups

I took out all bolts one by one from the shifter and added loctite. I then snugged everything up really well. I noticed that once I hooked everything up that there was a lot of resistance. Are there some of the bolts that shouldn’t be super snug? I guess I could detach the cables and see if it is still that way.

SACTX

I took out all bolts one by one from the shifter and added loctite. I then snugged everything up really well. I noticed that once I hooked everything up that there was a lot of resistance. Are there some of the bolts that shouldn’t be super snug? I guess I could detach the cables and see if it is still that way.
I will have to look at it and see if there are any connections that may change the resistance of the shifter. I will look at it tomorrow if I can.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Loosen this one and see if that does the trick

dastrups

Loosen this one and see if that does the trick
View attachment 22741
That was actually what I was thinking but I only had it finger tight. I wonder if there is a bolt on the billet shifter that adjusts the resistance based on how tight it is. I snugged them up pretty tight. I am going to disconnect the shifter from the pivot entirely and see if it feels the same as before I hooked it all up. I cant imagine its because the cables need to be lubed that badly. Maybe I just need to go to the gym haha.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
You don't even want that nut finger-tight. You only want it tight enough that the bolt doesn't slop around back and forth. That's a pivot point for the shifter hardware and will resist if the nut is tightened at all.

dastrups

You don't even want that nut finger-tight. You only want it tight enough that the bolt doesn't slop around back and forth. That's a pivot point for the shifter hardware and will resist if the nut is tightened at all.
Oh I see. I will double check it. Thank you!

dastrups

Does anyone else have a problem getting into reverse with the new shifter setup? I haven’t been able to get the car into reverse at all.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Does anyone else have a problem getting into reverse with the new shifter setup? I haven’t been able to get the car into reverse at all.
thats likely just an adjustment issue. The shifter should have plenty of throw, bias your adjustment a little toward the reverse direction and you should get it there. I had way more issues with the stock one, this one allows for so much more adjustment.
A little goes a long way on the transmission side.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
thats likely just an adjustment issue. The shifter should have plenty of throw, bias your adjustment a little toward the reverse direction and you should get it there. I had way more issues with the stock one, this one allows for so much more adjustment.
A little goes a long way on the transmission side.
First thing is work on the transmission side as Justin stated and make sure your cables are straight going into the tranmission this makes a big difference I had to customize my bracket a bit to make this happen by welding a spacer.