Goblin Warning Light Eliminator (Airbag, Seatbelt & Tire Pressure + Bonus Features)

lksohm

I am in charge of a SMT operation for my living. I have a ton of freedom there.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sorry Brad, looks like our Goblin family read your thread and like what you have to offer for putting functionality into some of the factory goodies that don't work with the altered wire harness and/or missing sensors. You even have an interest from Lonny and Ark may have a point that this would be a great option when buying a kit.

Remember many people built a company from just an idea and a getting the right interest from people who saw value in what they had to offer. I'm not saying this is a business opportunity, but getting the right person/people and equipment pulled together to make a small commercial venture of your gadgets would not be a bad thing under the right circumstances. And if it could be marketed correctly, Doyle Fab already has a captive market, then it could make you and DF some money and make a bunch of Goblin owners happy. Let's just for instance say that 40% of Goblin owners would purchase one or more of the gadgets - that is currently about 70 units - and if 4 of 10 buyers add this to their kit, that is probably several per month.

Just something to think about and I'm sure a discussion with Lonny and Adam could prove to be a positive thing, and I am all for it! :)

bradr

Belt Minder (*NEW*)
This will enable a seat belt reminder similar to the factory one that is deleted after the SDM (airbag module) is removed. Operation: After the ignition is turned to the start position, the seat belt light will blink any time a seat belt is not latched. This requires stock seat belts be wired into the module I am building. One wire to ground, one wire to the seat belt input(s) on the module. This will require more logic to be added to properly support a passenger side belt.

PK3+ Bypass (*NEW*)
PK3+ is the in key chip security that many are referring to as "VATS". For folks with the newer Bosch PCM / ECUs where PK3+ can not be disabled, I now offer a "solution" - Theft Deterrent Module (TDM) cloning. This requires a working paired key and TDM to be connected to the vehicle for cloning. Once done, the TDM and chip in the key are no longer required. It is still advisable to keep the TDM connector somewhere in case you ever had an issue.

Software Menu (*NEW*)
There is now an on screen menu that allows you to enable and disable each feature and adjust the TPMS thresholds. This is the first iteration of the menu. I expect changes to follow.

Last edited:

Medleydave

Omg ! This would be amazing for my build . It’s not a goblin but I’m putting all gm Denali 6.2 and 6l80 in my Jeep. Cluster, bcm. Under hood fuse panel. Steering column and seats . If this would work on the 2008 ish gm truck system I would be all in for one . I could sell these all day long , there is so many off-roaders swapping this stuff in older trucks . Please put me down for a solid yes . $ in hand . I have been thinning down the whole truck harness to fit in the Jeep and was at a stop trying to make all the warning lights to be off. If it’s ok I will start a build thread in the “other “ area .

bradr

I spent yesterday setting up and testing the first circuit board prototype. There are a few things I would like to change, but it has been working well as is. Power consumption during sleep is better than expected at <1 mA. I made some more code improvements and am starting to get back into working on more of the "features".

Currently, the optional welcome message is hard coded to CUSTOM BUILT "GOBLIN" SS TURBOCHARGED. You can see what the welcome message looks like by viewing the video in the first post in this thread. Basically a custom message that scrolls on the screen after an attempt to start the engine. I am not promising that this feature will make it to the final run. I have a very limited amount of memory to store such messages and it will likely only offer a few "Generic" options that folks can choose from.

I want your feedback:
  1. You would use the welcome message feature?
  2. If you would use it, what message you would like to see?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I spent yesterday setting up and testing the first circuit board prototype. There are a few things I would like to change, but it has been working well as is. Power consumption during sleep is better than expected at <1 mA. I made some more code improvements and am starting to get back into working on more of the "features".

Currently, the optional welcome message is hard coded to CUSTOM BUILT "GOBLIN" SS TURBOCHARGED. You can see what the welcome message looks like by viewing the video in the first post in this thread. Basically a custom message that scrolls on the screen after an attempt to start the engine. I am not promising that this feature will make it to the final run. I have a very limited amount of memory to store such messages and it will likely only offer a few "Generic" options that folks can choose from.

I want your feedback:
  1. You would use the welcome message feature?
  2. If you would use it, what message you would like to see?
1. I would use the welcome message feature if present, but it's not a critical feature for me. If it were not present, I would buy the board for its features anyway.

2. I'd like to see a set of canned messages to choose from, based upon maybe the engine that was used for the build. Something like:
  1. DF GOBLIN (2.0L Turbo)
  2. DF GOBLIN (2.0L Supercharged)
  3. DF GOBLIN (2.2L NA)
  4. DF GOBLIN (2.4L NA)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Brad, the welcome message is a nice feature but I would not find it important if it takes aware from the functionality of the gadget. If it can be utilized it should be something simple to limit 'customization' on your end. Something as simple as 'DF GOBLIN' would be more than sufficient and still add an interesting touch to anyone's car at start up.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Any chance you can find the ODO in the BCM? It would be nice to zero that for a new goblin build.