AleX1/9's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor - Chassis #18 - WA registered

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It rained for a total of like 6 minutes today. I took a 5 minute drive....

View attachment 13657

The windshield sends the air about 1" over my head total WIN on the cabin comfort!

Not so great is the rain managed to run between the mounting flange and lexan and I was getting water on BOTH sides of the screen. Not great. I was hoping I could get away witout using a sealant but now that is added to the list.
all you needed was a puddle to reflect the goblin image. :)

AleX1/9

Does anyone else do this? I’ve “upgraded” or changed my intake 3 times now. Why can’t I just be done with it?! Why am I looking for ways to do a snorkel between the headrests? WHY???!!!

at least I replaced the janky ABS and double sided tape MAF block off and eBay cone filter and added some length between the MAF and throttle body

4E1D2AD5-E13A-42AF-9CBE-D2343409A512.jpeg
545F2623-BFDA-4A3B-A109-82C6036CC826.jpeg

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Yes, I'm right there with you!!! ...and to boot, I have a LS4 throttle body, so my options are limited because I have to convert from 3.5" to 3.0 inch tubes. I went up and back so I have the snorkel look now, but not sure if I like it. Pictures coming soon on my build. I do like the tucked away version many builds have like yours. It is much cleaner. One builder on here says he can't stand the sucking noise from the intake and was trying to keep if as far away from his ears as possible, so keep that in mind when placing the Atom like intake by your ears. ;)

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Nice, let us know how loud it is. Would love to have a snorkel intake like an atom but worried it'll be deafening.

AleX1/9

Haven't posted on this build thread in over a YEAR!

But I have been cooking up Goblin 2.0 and have been hoarding parts. (billet shifter, wing, sparco wheel w/ upgraded QD, RLCA bushings, new spring rates, and more).

But today my friends, I got a special package

I've always considered the current wheels "place holders" of sorts, as 2 were already on the donor, and the other 2 were CHEAP. I've been watching as folks make their wheel / tire size selections and have been pondering wheels with a high quality, made in the USA vibe (like the Goblin and its donors).

So I settled on 17x10.5 Weld S71 3pc forged wheels for the back with 5.3" backspace

They are a perfect fit and will be exactly what I was thinking for the rear once married to their 275/40

Don't be fooled by the polish, this is not a Mustang! They will go off to the powdercoater with a pile of other stuff.

On to the fronts.....

I want a substantial double stagger and ordered 15x6 for the fronts and oh boy, they are EPIC FAIL!!

The low pad center gives no room for the brakes and makes slight contact with the caliper. (I thought I ordered medium to match the rear)
Also, they look WAYYYY too puny compared to the rear
Also, I got a low 3.5" backspace to push the skinnier wheels out a bit so the front didn't look so narrow, but it exposes the brakes, the spindle, and looks quite goofy on the car
After seeing them together... What was I thinking!? o_O

I do like the 17/15 stagger, but I went and immeditely ordered the 15x9 with 5.5 backspace and medium depth flange instead to right this terrible wrong, and will be returning these others.

On to powdercoating....

Tell me guys, would you do gold centers and black lips?

Or gold lips w/ black centers?

Also, there is some sealant used to seal around the welds, seems stiffer than silicone, does this survive the powder coating process? Or do you have to scrape and redo?

Last edited:

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I’d go gold lip/black center with that style of wheel. The 15/17 split gives it an old muscle car look and I dig it. Going to look really good with the 9” up front.

SeanH

Hey Alex!

had a coworker say they saw your goblin in Bremerton the other day ! Been driving mine around since June. Would be cool to meet up and see your build one of these times. Maybe give me a couple pointers on improvements of mine!

AleX1/9

Hey Alex!

had a coworker say they saw your goblin in Bremerton the other day ! Been driving mine around since June. Would be cool to meet up and see your build one of these times. Maybe give me a couple pointers on improvements of mine!
I would love to meet up! My goblin is in hibernation mode but you’re more than welcome to come see it

sending pm