Alignment settings

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Dead thread revival. On my first alignment a year or so ago, I had the everything set to what Chad posted above. After about 6000 miles on my Proxes tires, the front tires were completely bald on the inside and practically brand new on the outside. I took it back to the alignment shop a few weeks ago, and everything was still set spot on. The alignment guy was confused on why this was happening. Come to find out the camber changed significantly with somebody sitting in the drivers seat. For the second go around, he set the front camber to almost vertical which gives the recommend settings with me sitting in it. I hope this fixes it because spending $800 for new tires, mounting, and balancing to not even get a year's worth of use sucks big time.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but I wanted to throw it out there if you start seeing funny wear patterns despite having an alignment done.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Our Proxes were gone also at about 4000-5000 miles. Totally dead this year and dangerous on the streets. When we set the alignment on the first build, I sat in the middle of the car while he aligned it. Still ended up tearing up the tires. I know they have a very low wear rating of 100 UTQG and one shouldn't expect much out of them, but that was a lot less then I would have ever expected.

Now with this new build, we are still basically using the same settings (Lonny and I did the last alignment) and we have new R1R and so far no visible wear this year.

Ross

Goblin Guru
My dirt driveway allows a quick dusting of the tires before the asphalt scrubs them clean - every drive I see how the road rubs my tires.
I am reducing camber from -1.5, currently at -1.1, but I think -0.7 will be better, as I can barely reach the outer tread when cornering hard.
Debaiting reducing caster from 9 degrees too.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
My dirt driveway allows a quick dusting of the tires before the asphalt scrubs them clean - every drive I see how the road rubs my tires.
I am reducing camber from -1.5, currently at -1.1, but I think -0.7 will be better, as I can barely reach the outer tread when cornering hard.
Debaiting reducing caster from 9 degrees too.
Daily driving one doesn't probably need that much camber.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
My rear Proxes tires were still in great shape up until I replaced them. They were wearing very evenly. I probably could have easily put 15000 total miles on them. I dont ever dump the clutch or do donuts.

I hope I can get 20k out of these Bridgestone Potenza RE-71Rs.