Aluminum Flywheel

Rabid Sloth Racing

I was wondering if anyone has put in a lightweight flywheel. If so how does it drive? I just split the drivetrain and it looks like I'll need to swap the clutch, so might as well do the fly while I'm in there. I was curious how a lightweight ride like ours responds to the reduced mass. Are there any stalling issues when taking off from a gentle stop? Is there a noticeable difference at autocross speeds?

baustin

I only have 2 miles on mine (just got it off the jack stands and driven in the neighborhood 3 times). I did install the ZZP lightweight flywheel: https://zzperformance.com/products/zzp-aluminum-flywheel-2-0l-f35

So far my opinion is that it's very nice. I didn't drive it with the original flywheel due to the wreck the donor I bought was in but my daily driver to work has been a manual for the past 7 years. I can let the clutch out without using any throttle in 1st or reverse and it simply goes without stalling even when on the slight slope of my driveway. I've done a couple fast starts and gotten up to 4th gear and things felt very nice. Even 4th gear (when I forgot I wasn't in 2nd) at 20-25mph through a turn at an intersection wasn't an issue since the car is so light but I wasn't trying to pull out on a highway doing that move. My experience is only a couple miles in the neighborhood but it definitely has given me good feedback and works like I expect. I'll know more in the coming weeks/months when I get it licensed/insured and can be street legal.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Zzp light weight one as well, 600 miles on mine. Would really like to drive a stock flywheel goblin to see the difference. I think it does make the car a little harder to drive at low RPM with how twitchy the throttle can be, but I've gotten use to it/learned how to manage the throttle better in first and second gear.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I put 6000 miles on my first Goblin with the Flydenza alumimum flywheel. I never drove it with the stock one. But it drove great. Once the zzp stage 1 tune was done on my 07 SS/SC the car was oh so smooth.

Nuker-