Amazon Wiring Plugs

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
If any one has or is thinking about getting plugs from amazon please read this to hopefully save you the headache I had. I wanted to make the dash buttons a plug in setup in case I ever need to remove them. Ordered some plugs from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVFZDYW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I wired them up. Started to test the button functions. This is where the headache started. The wiper and lights ( I only want the switches light when the headlights are on). The lights where working as planned. The wiper switch not so good. At first I thought I screwed up the NO NC terminals on the switch. Not the case. So I started to check continuity. I worked through the wire and was down to an inch from the plug.
20181229_202901.jpg

I found the plug was crimped tight enough to cut the wire. ( note only after all 4 wires were soldered and heat shrunk did I find this)
20181230_122008.jpg

I cut out the connector grabbed the next one started stripping wires the red wire pulled right out of the end.
20181230_122340.jpg

I guess my point is if you are using these please strip all the ends and check the continuity before you waste your time soldering and taping them in. So far 2 out of the 5 plugs were bad. If you have these and something will not work check the plug first!

I bought those plugs (unassembled, not pigtail) and I would not recommend them because they can't be disassembled.

I'm wavering between metri-pack and deutsche. I'll probably go with metri-pack. Good detective work.

Jonathan O'Hara

If any one has or is thinking about getting plugs from amazon please read this to hopefully save you the headache I had. I wanted to make the dash buttons a plug in setup in case I ever need to remove them. Ordered some plugs from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVFZDYW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I wired them up. Started to test the button functions. This is where the headache started. The wiper and lights ( I only want the switches light when the headlights are on). The lights where working as planned. The wiper switch not so good. At first I thought I screwed up the NO NC terminals on the switch. Not the case. So I started to check continuity. I worked through the wire and was down to an inch from the plug.
View attachment 6696
I found the plug was crimped tight enough to cut the wire. ( note only after all 4 wires were soldered and heat shrunk did I find this)

I cut out the connector grabbed the next one started stripping wires the red wire pulled right out of the end.

I guess my point is if you are using these please strip all the ends and check the continuity before you waste your time soldering and taping them in. So far 2 out of the 5 plugs were bad. If you have these and something will not work check the plug first!
Thanks for this post. I knew enough to spend the couple bucks extra to order more than I needed. 7 of the 10 I ordered were good.