Arizona New DFG Member

deuc224

Hey so you got the black one that went like an hour after mine!!!!!! Goo one man, i saw it and im sure to got it for cheap! I didnt bid on that one because it said it didnt start, i mean it really doesnt matter in you case cuz you have a new motor so ur golden. Good one man.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looks like we both made out okay today on Copart. I paid them for delivery, less hassle than trying to get a 3rd party shipper in the gate to ship it. I expect it will be here in Phoenix between the 15th and 18th of this month. I need to make some room for it in the garage, otherwise I will be doing the strip in the side yard next to the garage. Not a big deal here, but we have been experiencing a lot of rain this spring and it does not look like it will be letting up on this weather pattern soon.

Did you order your kit from DF yet?

deuc224

Looks like we both made out okay today on Copart. I paid them for delivery, less hassle than trying to get a 3rd party shipper in the gate to ship it. I expect it will be here in Phoenix between the 15th and 18th of this month. I need to make some room for it in the garage, otherwise I will be doing the strip in the side yard next to the garage. Not a big deal here, but we have been experiencing a lot of rain this spring and it does not look like it will be letting up on this weather pattern soon.

Did you order your kit from DF yet?
Naw I havent ordered it yet, I was thinking of ordering it after i strip this car. That way i can strip it in the garage and then get the frame in the garage too. I need to pick up the car monday, talked to my dad and hes gonna bring it to the house. Told work I had to cut out early on monday to get this to the house lol.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
My donor is a 2008 SS/TC picked up from Copart auction in El Paso. Rear end damage on drivers corner, tweaked the chassis - which will be going to the boneyard eventually anyway. The front passenger corner has cosmetic damage that did not cause any mechanical damage to the front of the car. Copart stated the engine ran at idle, hoping it is in good condition as it will likely be sold, along with the F35 transmission - don't know if it is a G85 or not, will know when the car arrives from Texas. I'm attaching some photos of my donor. I anticipate I will begin a build log soon and get my kit ordered when I recoup some $$$ from my resale of donor parts.

Attachments

RichRich

That's awesome, congrats. Got lucky with no other bidders. What was the final bid on it if you don't mind me asking?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
$775 for the car - fees, taxes and shipping by Copart $1265 - total as delivered $2040 to my driveway. I received the car this evening and it is now in the garage (where my Jeep should be). The boss at home is not thrilled with this 'piece of junk' occupying space, but she will get over it eventually. I will have some photos tomorrow - if it ever stops raining in the desert.

Last edited:

deuc224

Sounds like here in Tx, rain and wind have been killing me down here. Hopefully tomorrow I can make the trip to Harbor Freight and finish getting some tools and small things i need to start friday afternoon stripping this car, if I can get it stripped in 2 weekends by myself, im just gonna have a junkyard come and take the car, if it seems like itll take me longer than that, ill try and sell things. Does anyone here know by any chance what the cost is of Lonny or Adam doing the harness thinning and reconnecting? Id like to know honestly cuz that is one thing im supremely under confident about. :(

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Sounds like here in Tx, rain and wind have been killing me down here. Hopefully tomorrow I can make the trip to Harbor Freight and finish getting some tools and small things i need to start friday afternoon stripping this car, if I can get it stripped in 2 weekends by myself, im just gonna have a junkyard come and take the car, if it seems like itll take me longer than that, ill try and sell things. Does anyone here know by any chance what the cost is of Lonny or Adam doing the harness thinning and reconnecting? Id like to know honestly cuz that is one thing im supremely under confident about. :(
I believe it's around $800 for the harness

if you do it yourself, label everything! Keep it organized, use zip ties and tape to keep it from making a mess. I kept all the items that plugged into the harness until I was done That way I could quickly verify what each connector was for without a doubt. This worked well for things like the seats and radio, stuff you don't need Don't throw any of it away until the car is done

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I believe it's around $800 for the harness

if you do it yourself, label everything! Keep it organized, use zip ties and tape to keep it from making a mess. I kept all the items that plugged into the harness until I was done That way I could quickly verify what each connector was for without a doubt. This worked well for things like the seats and radio, stuff you don't need Don't throw any of it away until the car is done
Exactly what Chad said. I recommend a full sheet of osb plywood. you can clamp it down and stretch it out. you can also lean it up against the wall when you need the room without having to roll it up and untangle the next time. similar to what I did here http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/karter2026s-city-goblin-09-lt-donor-pa-build.483/#post-9366 I will repeat it again label everything before you un plug it!