Arkansas Gathering May 10-13

Russ Amos

Adam Doyle asked me to post this on the forum. I understand there are a few of you in the Arkansas/Missouri/Kansas area. I am hosting the ninth annual Midwest Se7ens Gathering in Mountain Home, AR May 10-13. It is mainly for Lotus Seven type cars but all types of cars are welcome. We will be enjoying spirted drives on the curvy roads around the Mountain Home, AR/ Gainesville, MO area. People start arriving on Thurs at the host hotel (Ramada Mountain Home ). Meet and get acquainted then a short run in the evening and a dinner. Friday AM run will be about 90 miles and will include a ride on the Peel Ferry and a stop for lunch in Theodosia then a run of 140 miles in the afternoon. Dinner will be in Mountain Home. Saturday AM will have a 180 mile run and lunch in Gainesville, MO then an 80 mile run in the afternoon. Again dinner will be in Mountain Home. Sunday there will be a short run then say our goodbyes. There are no costs to join in. You will be responsible for your n meals, lodging, and fuel. If you are interested email me at [email protected] and I will put you on the email list. Russ

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Not sure i'll be able to swing 3 days, But will be it okay to come down for the full saturday or what not?

Thanks!
Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Kaleb and I are looking into going. It's right around his graduation so it's hard to know for sure just yet if we can swing it.

I'm thinking about trailering the car down there that way we have more room for gear and tools just in case. Also we haven't had a shake-down yet so I don't know what to expect. This also depends heavily of we get the plates in time. It will be close.

Russ Amos

Chad, I emailed you. Nuker Saturday only is no problem. Nuker & JERMzSS Email me so I can get you on my list please. I think people will be excited to see the Goblins in person. Russ

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
This sounds like fun. My wife and I are going to try to make it there Friday night and Saturday with my orange goblin.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm having an issue because there is NO E85 in that whole area at all...... Doh.

Nuker-
I'm bringing an enclosed trailer, we could haul it and store it for you. Just won't help much of you need to refill during the trip. I don't know how many miles you get out of a tank, but I believe they are only doing 100 up and another 100 back.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Here is a shot during the drive today. This is on the ferry boat crossing the Bull Shoals Lake. Quite interesting driving on to a floating barge.

image.jpeg

Balphamore

How many goblins made it to the gathering so far? Be kinda neat to see a group picture of you and your goblins. Maybe pictured like the frame picture. With them in an arc?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
How many goblins made it to the gathering so far? Be kinda neat to see a group picture of you and your goblins. Maybe pictured like the frame picture. With them in an arc?
Unfortunately it would be a very small arc, only Lonny and I showed who had Goblins. It's a great group of drivers. We are going again today for another sprinted drive and then hang out at the local car show. I'll post some more pictures later this weekend after we get home and I can download then from the camera.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah sorry guys, Was just too much of a pain in the ass with no E available down in that area..

Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Before I get to the pictures, I wanted to share this with everyone.

This car show was an impromptu event for Kaleb and I. I found out about it after meeting a very nice gentleman back at the hotel parking lot the night before. He worked next door and seen our car in the parking lot and had to stop by to see it. He drove up in VERY NICE and PRISTINE Ford Cobra kit car that he and his dad started years ago (his dad sadly passed before the car was finished). Chad is his name and he was very interested in Goblin and you might even see him on here in the future. He invited us to attend the fund-raiser event to support the local food bank.

So Kaleb and I rode with the group this morning but detoured around lunch time to head back to town for the car show. We arrived as car number 99 out of 105. The Goblin got lots of attention and the questions flowed for the next hour or two. And very surprising and very honored, we were selected as the top choice pick for First Security Bank (a sponsor of the event). This was one of only four awards given and the only for First Security Bank. We were certainly not expecting to enter a car show (with a car not even wrapped yet) and win!

Kaleb receiving the award from one of the volunteers.
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_3688.JPG
IMG_3689.JPG

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Here are some pictures. I was not able to get anything fancy from along the roadside or such as I was riding and trying to keep up with the group.

Waiting on the ferry.

IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG

Lonny's car

IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG