ASkiles' 918GBLN Street Build - 06 SS/SC

askiles

Goblin Guru
The last of the progress before I embark on a vacation to Europe!!! I am pleasantly surprised how well, and how quickly it is all going together. If I had fluids in it, I would have done my first start. A few small things to button up and then I will crank it over. Seats and harnesses are in permanently now. Dash wiring is complete. The only wiring needing to be done is the head and tail lights, turn signals, and the radiator/heat exchanger. Wiring is all ran and bundled where it needs to go, I just need to add my weatherpak connectors. I ended up running 8ga ground wires to the dash lugs, the center lugs in the tunnel, and then back to the transmission mount lugs. Shouldn’t have any ground issues. I decided to just go ahead and rivet the tunnel on. I don’t foresee needing to get in there again. Fingers crossed. Lol

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
The NRG seats are definitely shoulder to shoulder and the red seatbelts add a nice contrast to the seats. Looking good!
There is just a small gap between the seats. They fit perfect. They are even the larger version of the seat. I really dig the red harnesses. They have padding sewn into them, as well as cell phone pockets and a small web pocket to hold stuff. Those will be nice to store vehicle paperwork. Lol

askiles

Goblin Guru
Progress on 5/29/19

I have a lot done now! Brakes are all ran (with the exception of the remote reservoir that needs to be installed once I get it). Engine is done and plumbed. Shifter is complete. Wiring is complete. Interior is in. I put oil in it tonight, just need to put some gas in and start it up. Probably this weekend.

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
FIRST START!!! I have video...just have to figure out where to post it. LOL Pretty much started right up after priming the fuel pump. It did surge at idle for the few seconds I had it running. What could that be?

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
There is just a small gap between the seats. They fit perfect. They are even the larger version of the seat. I really dig the red harnesses. They have padding sewn into them, as well as cell phone pockets and a small web pocket to hold stuff. Those will be nice to store vehicle paperwork. Lol
I am still in the gathering info stages and wondering, how tight is the Goblin with two people. I'm 6'-2 200lbs (yeah, yeah, I'm working on it Should be back at 185 in 2 months) . . Will two of me fit in the car?

askiles

Goblin Guru
I am still in the gathering info stages and wondering, how tight is the Goblin with two people. I'm 6'-2 200lbs (yeah, yeah, I'm working on it Should be back at 185 in 2 months) . . Will two of me fit in the car?
I am 6’-1” about 220lbs typically (muscle, not fat lol) and the fit is great. I don’t have an extended cab and my wife and I fit side by side no problem. I bought the “large” versions of the NRG seats which are just slightly wider at the back area.

TravMac

Looks great Andy! Curious how you approached keeping the stock wheels. Seems like a lot of people change those for one reason or another. Anything need to be clearanced or spaced out?