Battery Options

SliderR1

Is everyone running the Group 90 battery or is their an alternative? Seems like an expensive battery from my limited research so far. Rural King has them for $110. I'm used to spending half that for a battery at RK...

Tony

I doubt it matters, as long as you have the right posts/polarity and the battery physically fits in the box. Anything over 600-700 CCA should be more than adequate.

Silverback

On my Seven, I was able to get away with running a riding lawnmower battery. Saved a bunch of pounds. The Goblin has a lot more electrical things happening, so you may need more juice. If you go with a smaller battery, just add something rigid to fill the leftover space in the battery tray.

Last edited:

SliderR1

I'm curious how much clearance there is between the top of the battery and the 'hood'. A group 26 battery is a little shorter, the same width, but .9" taller. Half the cost of a group 90 battery.

Johvans

I wouldn't be really concerned trying to find a smaller/lighter battery. With the location it helps the balance of the car.

John

Silverback

I'll wait until my donor battery needs replacement. But for the weight weenies among us, spending $50 more than the stock class 90 battery can save 31 pounds.

AleX1/9

I'm going honda size battery so I can fit my headlight ballasts in the box, heaviest one I can find!