BAustin's Extended Track - 06 SS/SC Donor - #157 Registered

baustin

I had just about that exact same cruise control button issue. Fortunately mine was close enough that I was able to just heat the wire with my soldering iron and push it into the solder that was already on the switch. I have seen the current offering uses spade-style plugs for the switches.
Yeah, I remembered your issue when I was looking into mine. That was why I was really looking at the soldering but realized it was all really nicely connected and then I saw the arcing point that made contact that shouldn't be making contact. It wasn't a big deal to fix, I didn't even need to undo the soldering to gain some slack to space the wire from the terminal.

The flake of solder on the outside of the tan wire actually popped off and the insulation appeared to be solid but I couldn't get a great look since there was so little space. There likely was a pinhole in the insulation there which is why my heatshrink/electrical taping fixed the problem and it works nicely again.

baustin

This is a revision to the early cruise control wiring.
Good note, that image is more accurate for early models. I didn't have to install the resistors myself since DF was doing the soldering on the button set initially. After my wiring cleanup I got the exact resistor values I was expected based on which switches were pressed every time.

baustin

New boost solenoid is on order to replace the one that appears to now be stuck open. At any throttle amount in any gear, I now get a max of 3-4 psi of boost. It's a sudden change that is consistent, I haven't messed with any wiring recently. I took off and tested my boost bypass valve and it works normally and all the pressure lines from the intake to the solenoid, from the solenoid to the bypass valve, and then from the bypass valve to the supercharger appear to be solid and well connected. No DTC's are showing up and in HPTuners and the control of the solenoid appears to be normal.

With only 3-4 psi of boost for the past day vs up to 17psi, the car still has a small amount of acceleration but nowhere close to normal.