Bearing Hub Info (4 lug, 5 lug, ABS)

Tinkles

Ok, so it looks like I have to add a 2nd washer to perfect the placement, but this was the goal. Keep the tie rod location and orientation the same while creating clearance to run the hub without having to hack it up. In my head the geometry hasn't changed and this is a "hacked" way of basically having a fatter arm machined to allow the proper clearance for the hub.

What stand alone ECU are you using? I'm curious what ABS capabilities it has. Engineer on my friend!
No ABS. Traction control with my MS3 Pro.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was wondering if that's why you were running them upside down. Well, then if that's the case, it looks like it's doable! Still, if the ball joint is on the opposite side, won't that change the angle of the steering rod and possibly the bump steer?

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to piss on your project. I think it will be cool if you find a way to make this work and especially if others can do it also. But I'm just interested in how you are addressing the issues and our questions.

Tinkles

I was wondering if that's why you were running them upside down. Well, then if that's the case, it looks like it's doable! Still, if the ball joint is on the opposite side, won't that change the angle of the steering rod and possibly the bump steer?
The ball joint still mounts on the bottom. I am hoping to put the front suspension together this week so I should have pictures of it all together. I'll update my thread in a few days with the progress, but I wanted to toss this idea here. Granted I know I am going to be one of the few, if not the only one wanting to keep the ABS sensors intact.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I haven’t got a chance to test it yet but made new steering arms out of 3/4 plate aluminum. You may be able to mount your own above or even cutout one that fits over the plug. My goal was to take Ackerman out. I "think" the Goblin has too much for what I use it for which is only autocross and maybe eventually some track duty.

Last edited:

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
The lines thru kingpin axis and steering joints should intersect at the rear axle for proper Ackerman angle