Build Guide Part 14 - Combining the Harnesses

Discussion in 'Instructional Build Videos' started by Adam, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Adam

Adam Administrator Staff Member

Build Guide Part 14 - Combining the Harnesses
    In Part 14 we combine the dash and body harnesses to make the Goblin harness.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. canyon bolieu

canyon bolieu Member

At 10:00 tape the brake pedal and gas pedal. I have 3 brake pedal plugs I found 2 not sure what the 3rd even looks like

Attached Files:

3. TheNuker

TheNuker Well-Known Member

Hey Canyon, Mine is the same way.

I need help with these 2 dash plugs. I don't see anything that they plug into.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please helpzzzz!

Thanks,
    Nuker-

4. Lonny

Lonny Administrator Staff Member

The black plug is for steering wheel controls.
    The beige plug is for either boost, hazard, or trunk release. I will check wire color tomorrow and find out.

5. TheNuker

Hey guys,

Can you clarify the power steering wiring. I am not able to find any plug in the harness that connects to the plug on the power steering pump. I checked every connector that I removed and was not able to find the same plug.

Thanks,
    Nuker-

6. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

The power steering motor wire plugs into the fuse panel by engine.
    IMG_7238.JPG
    Or it can be connected directly to the battery. Install 60 amp fuse inline. Is that what you mean?

7. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

Lonny, can you clarify how the info and return button replacements are wired? I have the connector pictured plugged into the steering wheel rotating connector, and the info button plugged into that. My info button and that flat connector both only have four wires and it appears they can be connected directly together.

8. TheNuker

Thanks JSATX, Do you have a pic of the other side plugging into the motor itself?

Thanks!
    Nuker-

9. Lonny

If you are using the original buttons you can connect matching color to color and it should work.
    If you use your own buttons you will need a couple of resistors.

10. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

I can get you a picture of the actual plug tonight. It is its own "mini harness" with just a power and ground wire.
    IMG_7239.PNG

11. Lonny

1486393163721-1735850195.jpg 14863932422191356073731.jpg 1486393433625543328505.jpg
    The large black power plug that plugs into the lowest position on the power steering unit is from a separate small wiring harness that we combine with the reworked harness.
    Video 12 @ 1:46

JSATX likes this.
  12. Matt TT

Matt TT Member

The harness from under my seat looks very different. How can I make it match?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

13. canyon bolieu

canyon bolieu Member

I also had this problem just save the wires you are supposed to solder together to the seat harness. Then once you get the buttons from df kit car they will tell you how to wire them to the buttons directly from the harness

14. Matt TT

Matt TT Member

Thanks, so I just leave it as is for now? I already soldered the connector on, just wasn't sure what to do with all the this?

15. canyon bolieu

canyon bolieu Member

Yeah just wait and they will show you what to do once you get your button setup

16. Matt TT

Matt TT Member

Awesome! Thank you!

17. Briann1177

Briann1177 Active Member

My goal is to use the main harness map to mock up the combined harness as close as I can with wire ties, test fit, and then wrap. I've got a few questions though.

1. The blue measurements on the right side of the map are hard to read. What are those numbers?
    2. The pedal box grounds look pretty short on the picture--1"--compared to the videos--~6". What length works best?
    3. For the SS builds, does the boost gauge need to branch out somewhere around the instrument cluster wires?
    4. For the extended frames, do the extension wires need to be a few inches longer between the orange stars?

main-harness-with-labels-medium-big-labels.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017