Build Guide Part 3 - Stripping the front suspension

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Build Guide Part 3 - Stripping the Front Suspension
In Part 3 we get the front suspension stripped and drop the subframe in preparation for taking out the powertrain.

Matt TT

Do you need to leave the springs compressed in order to replace them onto the Goblin? Or can you release them once they're off? Just wondering how long I'll have to rent the tool for. Thanks!

DanPerryy

You need to compress them to put them back on. I found it easy to build the entire shock tower (compressing the springs) and then installing the tower on the now rear hub then attaching the top of the tower to the frame mount.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Do you need to leave the springs compressed in order to replace them onto the Goblin? Or can you release them once they're off? Just wondering how long I'll have to rent the tool for. Thanks!

Autozone gives you 30 days no charge. I returned it the same day I got it for what that's worth.

Silverback

(2008-2010 Cobalt) SS (turbo) cars have a 36MM axle nut. You may be able to borrow the socket from your auto parts store.

Last edited:

PHerder

I guess it depends on WHAT SS car you have. My 2007 SS / SC has 30mm axle nuts and the center nut of the strut is 21mm as reported in the video.

Last edited: