Build Guide Part 8 - Stripping the rear

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Build Guide Part 8 - Stripping the Rear
In Part 8 we strip the rear of the donor and drop the fuel tank.

Ross

Goblin Guru
4:40 into the video, Lonny mentions removing the inner liner from the drivers side.... but I think he is working on the passenger side.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The quick disconnects on my fuel pump and evaporator canister were stuck. I tapped them with a screwdriver, the dirt kept falling out of them, eventually the push buttons on the quick disconnects starting moving back and forth better. Then I had to use a screwdriver to pry the disconnect away from the evap canister as they had a lot of stiction. 13 years in the donor car, they didn't want to move.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
The quick disconnects on my fuel pump and evaporator canister were stuck. I tapped them with a screwdriver, the dirt kept falling out of them, eventually the push buttons on the quick disconnects starting moving back and forth better. Then I had to use a screwdriver to pry the disconnect away from the evap canister as they had a lot of stiction. 13 years in the donor car, they didn't want to move.
A lot of us end up replacing the lines and fuel filter anyways. So, going back, we could have just cut the lines...