Button Panel Resistors

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
For the builders that are doing their own button panels we can send you a set of resistors with the proper values.
20180925_191602.jpg

$10 plus shipping
The 715 ohm and one of the 1270 ohm resistors is not used if you have the early model donors with the info and return buttons located on the dash.
You will need to source seven switches, two toggle and five momentary.
Button panel 3.jpg

askiles

Goblin Guru
Lonny, if I have the green wire that was from the buttons on the dash, I don't need the 715 & 1270 ohm resistors? Do I need any resistors? How are those buttons wired up? This was a 2006 SS/SC donor. It had the black and red plug that went to the dash buttons. The green wire runs directly to the gauges.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
15563204060121834088884.jpg
1556320439578290188794.jpg

This is the diagram for the info and return when your buttons were located on the dash. If they were originally located on the steering wheel you will need to use resistors.

You will need resistor for the cruise control but not for info and return.

askiles

Goblin Guru
So, the green/white strip connectors to a switch, is this also showing the pink connecting to that switch? I am not super savvy at reading these schematics always.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
This is for goblins that used a donor with info and return buttons located on the dash and not on the steering wheel.

Info
Pink wire #10 goes to a momentary contact switch and the other side of the switch hooks to ground.

Return
Green/white wire #2 goes to a momentary contact switch and the other side of the switch hooks to ground.

askiles

Goblin Guru
This is for goblins that used a donor with info and return buttons located on the dash and not on the steering wheel.

Info
Pink wire #10 goes to a momentary contact switch and the other side of the switch hooks to ground.

Return
Green/white wire #2 goes to a momentary contact switch and the other side of the switch hooks to ground.
Perfect!! Thank you.

lksohm

I just want to double check my logic on which buttons to use before I order some.

Six momentary buttons are needed and one latching for the hazard lights. Correct?