can you guys tell if this is a 5speed ?!

AleX1/9

Ahhh! what a bummer. If I had to bet $5 I'd say I recognize the spherical shape of the factory 5speed shift knob.....

But if I had to bet the price of the car buying sight unseen and possibly get an automatic when I wanted a manual... not that sure!

PG5

I think it's a 5speed as well. You can kind of make out the leather boot on the shifter too. The automatics didn't get leather boots till the 09-10 model years.

Tony

Agree with PG5's assessment with the leather boot. Another thing that makes me lean toward manual is the fact that the handbrake is engaged. Just my 2 cents

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I am 99.9% sure that is a manual.

The automatics would not be angled back like that. They have straight shift knob shafts and are larger.

Back when I was looking for a donor I went ahead and bought like 10 vin searches for $10. It shows all the options based on vin and was pretty accurate.

Last edited:

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
2008 and earlier automatics don't have a boot around the shifter and instead have a chrome cover around the shaft.

shifter 07 smaller.jpg

The car on Copart definitely looks like it has a boot and doesn't have any chrome visible. I'm pretty sure it is a manual car.