Canyons trackframe LSJ-T Htown

JSATX

Goblin Guru
If I recall, Lonny also had me check to make sure the throttle butterfly moves when the gas petal is pushed. If not then there is a communication problem between the BCM and the ECM. I made the mistake of cutting out the tan and brown twisted wires without soldering them together to keep the loop going. It's easy to forget when you remove the ABS or airbag systems as they go through those 2 big connectors.

Nuker-
My throttle butterfly worked even when the data lines were cut for what that's worth.

canyon bolieu

Okay so I had the tan wires backwards from the bcm to the ecu mine weren't in the same place as JSATX but I found them and I had the tan with black spliced into the tan one somehow so I flipped them around and boom started!!! For a couple seconds cause turbo plumbing isn't on but oh well! How do I post my video??

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Locate the tan, tan brown twisted wires at the OBDII and at the ECM. These are data wires that daisy chain from one system to the next collecting and passing on information all the way from the OBDII back to the ECM.

Check the tan twisted wire for continuity from the OBDII to the ECM. Then do the same for the tan twisted wire with a brown stripe.

If they do not have continuity you will need to trace them back through each system.

They start at the OBDII and then go to the power steering, BCM, through the tunnel, to the TCM (on automatics) and then to the ECM.

canyon bolieu

Locate the tan, tan brown twisted wires at the OBDII and at the ECM. These are data wires that daisy chain from one system to the next collecting and passing on information all the way from the OBDII back to the ECM.

Check the tan twisted wire for continuity from the OBDII to the ECM. Then do the same for the tan twisted wire with a brown stripe.

If they do not have continuity you will need to trace them back through each system.

They start at the OBDII and then go to the power steering, BCM, through the tunnel, to the TCM (on automatics) and then to the ECM.
I found out the problem and it starts now but only for a little cause the turbo plumbing isn't on. How do I post the videos on here? And imma be begging you guys for the rest of the stage 2 and stage 3 parts now lol

PHerder

I found out the problem and it starts now but only for a little cause the turbo plumbing isn't on. How do I post the videos on here? And imma be begging you guys for the rest of the stage 2 and stage 3 parts now lol
Set up an account on YouTube.com (or Vimo(?)) and once it has uploaded to the service, you copy and paste the resulting URL to your post.

canyon bolieu

If I recall, Lonny also had me check to make sure the throttle butterfly moves when the gas petal is pushed. If not then there is a communication problem between the BCM and the ECM. I made the mistake of cutting out the tan and brown twisted wires without soldering them together to keep the loop going. It's easy to forget when you remove the ABS or airbag systems as they go through those 2 big connectors.

Nuker-
Hey can you tell me what color the two wires that are for the coolant resivor sensor. Can't seem to find the right one

canyon bolieu

Canyon - what kind of paint did you use on your engine? I really like the way it turned out.
Just some black engine enamel rattle cans or brake caliper paint. Me and a friend got 2 corded drills and got a couple of different bits for it and about 2 hours later it looked brand new then I sprayed it down with brakleen and painted it I'd say I used like 4 cans then 3 cans on the trans

canyon bolieu

Did anyone else have problems with getting an obd2 reader to work? Mine seems to get power but the screen on mine just keeps flashing and nothing ever comes on. The power steering is plugged in everything that connects the twisted wires is plugged in. Is there a fuse that could be connected to it? I hear a click from the fuse box but I can put it to a certain fuse

canyon bolieu

Need help.... So I checked all the fuses that it would have been from what cobaltss.net said I can find it.. does someone have a wiring diagram for the obd2??

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Need help.... So I checked all the fuses that it would have been from what cobaltss.net said I can find it.. does someone have a wiring diagram for the obd2??
Off the top of my head....It's just CAN hi/lo, ground and 12V. What's the problem?

canyon bolieu

I plug my obd2 reader in and it just flickers it won't do anything besides that.. but it will work with all my other cars

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Sounds like a power/ground issue.
Agreeed. Use a multi meter to make sure you have 12v at the plug. (Red wire)

Those code readers pull power from the car to operate. If you have 12v and ground (black/white) then it should be good to go

Silverback

Thanks, neither of my cheap eBay wifi or Bluetooth OBD readers worked on the donor, but O'Reilly could read and reset codes.

Last edited:

SliderR1

Brian - which manual is that picture out of? Reason I'm asking is that I have conflicting data on the OBD2 pinouts that I found on EFI Live's Bench Harness Tutorial for a P12 Atlas PCM for the '05 LSJ. And all of the serial pinouts on their tutorials (for the older PCMs) are shown to Pin 2 on the OBD2 connector.

Attachments