Canyons trackframe LSJ-T Htown

SliderR1

10-4. Thanks for the quick response. Don't mean to hijack this build thread, but I will add some additional information for those who might be looking later.

I bit the bullet and bought a subscription to AllData for my 05 SS/SC. Here is a snip of the DLC schematic for an '05. Looks like both pinouts are used...

LSJ_SM_DLC_Schematic.JPG

canyon bolieu

Thanks for those guys I will look over them tonight when I work on it. The other day I was putting the front hubs and steering arms on and I saw that the 2 pieces that bolt to the top and bottom control arm are offset just slightly which way do they face? I'm guessing they both face inward so they are closest to each other? And any other notes on this? Torque?

Attachments

canyon bolieu

Well guys as you can see Houston is underwater, My house is fine tho. But as for my friends houses I have several that are flooded and they will be needing lots of help so I will be pausing the build for alittle and work to help everyone out.

Attachments

canyon bolieu

Well guys I’ve got some work done here and there I finally got 3 days off and here’s my progress. I am stuck on the rear coilover mount I think I am missing a piece for it someone let me know I tried calling Adam this morning but no answer I’ll try again tomorrow. And also for brake pads I ordered a front a rear set I guess I messed up there is it just 2 front sets? And the rotors are different?

Attachments

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
You should have an aluminum plate that bolts onto the rear shock mount on the frame. This will have 4 holes total 3 of them bolt to the frame, and the last bigger hole is where the shock rod mounts through and bolts to the plate.

They are thick pieces of alumimum, maybe 1/2 to 3/4" thick.

Nuker-

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Well guys I’ve got some work done here and there I finally got 3 days off and here’s my progress. I am stuck on the rear coilover mount I think I am missing a piece for it someone let me know I tried calling Adam this morning but no answer I’ll try again tomorrow. And also for brake pads I ordered a front a rear set I guess I messed up there is it just 2 front sets? And the rotors are different?

Two front brake pad sets are used. I do not have the coil over, but I assume it works the same way. The calipers and pads are the same. The front rotors are slightly larger to give bias to front brakes.

BA22B10A-457E-4C11-B7CD-00B4DDF0B63B.jpeg

canyon bolieu

Trying to get the shifter situated now. On my shifter there is a ball but then on the side to side piece it’s a bar then a plasctic sleeve over it what am I supposed to do with that? Just put the ball end on it?

Also the shifter box seems to be sitting to high and also over a alittle to far maybe I have to trim the box alittle?

If anyone has some instruction on this let me know

Attachments

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yes it just snaps on there, the plastic piece comes off. Mine was also too far over. I cut that back piece off completely from the main shifter bracket. I’ll take some pics in the morning.

Nuker

canyon bolieu

Okay well today I got the front wheels to fit and most of the shifter done (waiting on 1 part from Adam and Lonny it will be here tomorrow)

So on the 15x7 enkie rpf1 wheels if you want to run them you will have to grind down your front calipers about 1/4” then static balance the wheel. That was most of my day there just grinding the calipers with a 4” grinder

Installed the new ottp shifter, taillights, wing brackets and cut my down pipe to see how I’m going to run it

Attachments

canyon bolieu

Thanks nuker I just finished finding reverse on the shifter. They are a pain but a lot of thought was put into the shifter cables. Not sure if it’s just this trans but 5th and reverse need some serious pressure to get into (it might just be that the tunnel cap is moving a lot) but at least I finally found them

Got parts in from Adam and Lonny today so now I need to find out where I wanna mount my heat exchanger and intercooler pump

Rear suspension is finally done I was going to set it down tonight but I’m waiting on rear brakes (they will be here Monday or Wednesday) Then I believe I will test drive it fingers crossed

Spoiler is mounted Has a lot of movement in it definitely needs extra supports

I also had ordered stainless steel braided brake lines and they sent me 20” instead of 28” so they are sending a set of 28” for free and told me to keep the 20” so I’ll be putting those on the rear

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Okay well today I got the front wheels to fit and most of the shifter done (waiting on 1 part from Adam and Lonny it will be here tomorrow)

So on the 15x7 enkie rpf1 wheels if you want to run them you will have to grind down your front calipers about 1/4” then static balance the wheel. That was most of my day there just grinding the calipers with a 4” grinder

Installed the new ottp shifter, taillights, wing brackets and cut my down pipe to see how I’m going to run it
Where did you get the black shifter ball?