Canyons trackframe LSJ-T Htown

canyon bolieu

So who has installed there 5pt harnesses? Do you wrap them on the frame or bolt them way to the bottom where the tab is at? And what bolts for all of them?? They came with hardware but no nuts

Last edited:

BAR-AIR

D23851D5-C904-4B82-817C-ABED7A04B56B.jpeg
Not a great photo but you can see how they are wrapped. Haven’t had a chance to shorten the extra lengths. As for the nuts, I think they are expecting you to install into a factory car with built in nut plates for the factory belts.

canyon bolieu

View attachment 2552 Not a great photo but you can see how they are wrapped. Haven’t had a chance to shorten the extra lengths. As for the nuts, I think they are expecting you to install into a factory car with built in nut plates for the factory belts.
Yeah that’s what I thought to but I meant did DF supply nuts to those bolts? or did they supply all new hardware for them?

And as for the picture it’s just wrapped around once then ran through the piece then wrap the excess and zip tie it?

canyon bolieu

Does anyone know about 5 wire Bosch wideband sensors?
I have a innovative mtx-l and mtx-l plus

The sensor is the same but the plug is different
A new sensor for the mtx-l plus is $177
A new sensor for the mtx-l is $51

They both have 5 wires that are the same color and same orientation could I buy the cheap one and swap plugs on them??

For $177 I can buy a whole new mtx-l plus with the gauge and all..

Attachments

canyon bolieu

Took the car to get an alignment today. The first NTB didn’t even want to touch it and kept giving me the run around so I had them call another NTB to see if they would and thank god there was a car guy there! He was all over it haha and he let me work on it with him the whole time!

My string alignment worked pretty good too I wasn’t to far off

I got some info from Lonny incase anyone else wants to know the specs they suggest
Alignment:
  • Front
    • Ride height: set to where the lower control arm is level to the ground with you (and a passenger) in it
    • Toe: +.15 degree (toe in)
    • Camber: -1.5 degrees
    • Caster: 8.5 degrees
  • Rear
    • Ride height: Control arms level to the ground or slightly up toward the middle of the car. We normally end up with 7-8 inches from the ground to the lower lip of the subframe where the control arm slips in but this varies depending on tire size.
The more camber you can get front and rear, the better it will be for track use. However, while it is easy to add camber up front, the rear is a different story. Since we don't yet have adjustable top plates, the only way to adjust the rear camber is the method in the Cobalt service manual:

Basically you remove some material from the lower mounting hole of the strut to create a slot. Then you can get a little bit of camber adjustment.

I'd say maximize rear camber and then match that setting on the front.
052E12AB-BDFE-4AFE-A96C-F95F1E66BD15.jpeg
881D08E9-EFF9-43AF-BF17-101FF4A3B4E3.jpeg

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Took the car to get an alignment today. The first NTB didn’t even want to touch it and kept giving me the run around so I had them call another NTB to see if they would and thank god there was a car guy there! He was all over it haha and he let me work on it with him the whole time!

My string alignment worked pretty good too I wasn’t to far off

I got some info from Lonny incase anyone else wants to know the specs they suggest
Alignment:
  • Front
    • Ride height: set to where the lower control arm is level to the ground with you (and a passenger) in it
    • Caster: 8.5 degrees
  • Rear
    • Ride height: Control arms level to the ground or slightly up toward the middle of the car. We normally end up with 7-8 inches from the ground to the lower lip of the subframe where the control arm slips in but this varies depending on tire size.
The more camber you can get front and rear, the better it will be for track use. However, while it is easy to add camber up front, the rear is a different story. Since we don't yet have adjustable top plates, the only way to adjust the rear camber is the method in the Cobalt service manual:

Basically you remove some material from the lower mounting hole of the strut to create a slot. Then you can get a little bit of camber adjustment.

I'd say maximize rear camber and then match that setting on the front.
View attachment 2646 View attachment 2647

Moog makes non-concentric camber adjustment bolts that worked great

Since when do they recommend -1.5? It was -3° before. I went -1 and get massive rubbing on the outside edge but only when on track.

KJP

Does anyone know about 5 wire Bosch wideband sensors?
I have a innovative mtx-l and mtx-l plus

The sensor is the same but the plug is different
A new sensor for the mtx-l plus is $177
A new sensor for the mtx-l is $51

They both have 5 wires that are the same color and same orientation could I buy the cheap one and swap plugs on them??

For $177 I can buy a whole new mtx-l plus with the gauge and all..
Did you get this in? You may want to just buy a plug that goes to the new sensor Ballenger normally has them in the Bosch section.

canyon bolieu

Okay so last Saturday I put the goblin on a dyno and my boost controller broke and wouldn’t let me change pressure at all so I was hitting 30+psi and my clutch was slipping so no good readings on that one.
I did bypass the boost controller and go straight to wastegate spring then did a pull and was running super rich but at 7lbs and 5300rpm with my afr being 10.2 I made 280whp lol.

Since I’ve been bored cause I can’t register my car I started making a tablet clusterout of a asus transformer it runs HP tuners very smoothly so we will see how it does but here’s some pics I just finished this tonight
1DE42FCA-B38C-4020-99AF-A323093A6A9C.jpeg
D41143E0-3A3F-426D-A9D9-48D3223C5330.jpeg
4E1DE0BC-050D-4062-B32F-2B8D959BDCF4.jpeg
A7831DCB-CC94-4D27-A335-0464577700D7.jpeg
219B3AAE-DF3D-499A-9861-D4DBB6A72E82.jpeg
615C0282-E71B-492D-B36F-BE68F786C418.jpeg
60AC65CB-3DF9-473C-9534-028F2DFB9B94.jpeg

canyon bolieu

Well guys I’ve been very busy lately but I did get some runs in at tx2k I got halfass tuned the days before on 18lbs making 380whp. It was raining off and on so I didn’t take the car out much but in sautrday I just sent it and drove it 100miles (first time I ever drove on the freeway) and it’s a load of fun! (Don’t ask me how I got it registered but it looks legal enough)... I do have some videos of the races I did I beat a cbr1000rr and a zx6r and a Camaro ss (cammed intake headers exhaust e85) that’s about all I got tho to many cops out.

I’ll try to edit those videos all together tonight for you guys

canyon bolieu

I did take it to a meet 2 weekends ago and look what showed up!
6915B106-310A-4D3F-8CF5-DB8B3571705F.jpeg
6EBBAD0B-7FEB-4F59-A5AA-359B325C1BD3.jpeg
39A68B9F-C424-49DE-894A-8F49F2A08D89.jpeg
47819C67-CF93-420D-B948-EC828A6C1A15.jpeg

It’s a lotus 7 replica that was home made its got a Miata drivetrain with 220k miles lol bone stock it does have a mega squirt ecu and it makes alittle over 100hp he says and has a 5 gallon gas tank. Pretty interesting build

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We have decided at DF Goblin if you are less than 30 years of age you must de-tune your engine to less than 65 hp.

If you want you can bring it by the shop and we will go over all your suspension setup.

Last edited:

canyon bolieu

It’s nice living so close to Mexico huh
Oh yeah it’s the best cause your just getting out of a movie or eating somewhere and you can always catch a few races on the way home

We have decided at DF Goblin if you are less than 30 years of age you must de-tune your engine to less than 65 hp.

If you want you can bring it by the shop and we will go over all your suspension setup.
Lol idk about all of that but yes I definitely want to take it up to you guys to look over and give yall rides.