Carbon fiber wing installation

JustinG

Adam took them off because they're having problems from the manufacturer. The last batch they got was slightly defective.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Ok good to know, I am on the hunt for a different solution. The company I am looking at is waiting on a CNC machine to make the mounts.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
What defects? I received one within the past few months so I'm kind of curious if there is something wrong with what I have.

JustinG

Quote from Adam
"About the wings, things have not been going smoothly. First it was slow delivery from the manufacturer that was eating us up. Then when we got them, we had to do extra CNC work for drilling and tapping the holes. We finally started shipping them out and we learned that the manufacturer had buffed the leading edge too much (or maybe didn't put enough material) and the leading edge started splitting on a few of the wings. Once it starts splitting it runs all across the front edge.. The manufacturer claims they won't make the same mistake and is working on a replacement batch. It's frustrating and I've pulled the wing option from the website on new orders until we get a good supply so it is still a waiting game.

If you want, you can get the wing hardware (uprights, top mounts, cross support rod, fasteners) for mounting the wing and you can look at getting a wing from Amazon, eBay or some other source. Our hardware should work with a wide range of wings. The hardware is $95"