Carl's Track Goblin - 05 SS SC donor, Chassis # 39

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I noticed while just idling, the header and muffler radiates a fair amount of heat. That is also with no real airflow.
The primary tubes run real close to the coolant pump feed tube and wanted to keep heat of it as well. Street driving it would be fine. But taking it to a road course, I like the heat barrier to protect everything around it.

When racing shifter karts, the pipe runs next to your right leg.
Whether you were doing 25 or 125mph, your leg was warm with the EGT's in 1350 range. More so with road racing than sprint racing.

BAR-AIR

This simple heat shield and your wrap should help with the heat.
C10C366D-4939-4242-AD85-24AC8BA2E349.jpeg

In black primer before contouring and drilling the top. NOTE the holes are not parallel to each other....
EA3BDC90-54D3-4B71-A137-21632B8B3928.jpeg

Simple basic dimensions.
6FD5726E-BDA7-4A99-9C74-FAB7BC211FF9.jpeg

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I'm pretty sure my kit came with new rubber hoses for the rear.

But now that I think about it since I replaced the fronts with SS, Those new ones could of been meant for the fronts.

Nuker-

Bretter

The long (~26") brake hoses are for the front. The rear is meant to use hoses from the donor. We somehow lost ours and had to get new ones for the Goblin rear (Cobalt front) from DF.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys!

Getting ready to order some new ones as the donors hoses I tossed because of their age and visual condition.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
If you haven't ordered already, I think I still have mine I can send you for free. I upgraded mine with the DF SS lines. They're still in good shape. Pulled from a donor with 47k miles.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Thank you Adam for getting the machined front brakes hoses and front centering rings so quick.
The un-machined lines are on their way back.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
If your going to Autozone's Duralast Gold brake pads, they're not created equal.
Bought two sets at different times. Both DG956. One set of pads ends are more chamfered than the other.
Opted to install the pads with more chamfer on the rear. Wanting a larger pad contact surface for the front brakes.
1532304166546617097316843314506.jpg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Front brakes and hoses installed.
15323092121564511804890499955455.jpg

Rear brake hoses should be here Monday.
Install them, bleed brakes and clutch!
First drive is close!

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Thank you for pricing. Seat is on the way and need to get the mounts ordered from DF.

I'm ended up going with the Kirkey aluminium race seats.
Anyone tried using these seats (or similar) with the DF mounts?
I believe the aluminum seat is not as wide as the Corbeau's. My plan is to make (or buy if I can locate) aluminum spacers to adapt the seat to the mounts.
I know I've seen them before just have to remember where. They looked like an aluminum thread spool. You could get them in different lengths.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Thank you for pricing. Seat is on the way and need to get the mounts ordered from DF.

I'm ended up going with the Kirkey aluminium race seats.
Anyone tried using these seats (or similar) with the DF mounts?
I believe the aluminum seat is not as wide as the Corbeau's. My plan is to make (or buy if I can locate) aluminum spacers to adapt the seat to the mounts.
I know I've seen them before just have to remember where. They looked like an aluminum thread spool. You could get them in different lengths.
These seat brackets (to my knowledge) are specific to the Corbeau FX1 Pro's....but they may be able to be modified to be used for others. Make sure you get that clarification before ordering.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
What model of Kirkey seat did you get? Silverback has 16" wide 47 series seats (47500) and said somewhere that the DF brackets wouldn't work.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
What model of Kirkey seat did you get? Silverback has 16" wide 47 series seats (47500) and said somewhere that the DF brackets wouldn't work.
I'll check his post now.
The seat I ordered is one of Speedway Motors aluminum race seat, 18" (17.5 actual) made by Kirkey.
As long as the seat is narrower, I can make it work.