Carl's Track Goblin - 05 SS SC donor, Chassis # 39

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I was just teasing anyhow. Actually I had to wrench really hard on mine to get it off. I ruined the original cap, at least to the point that I didn't want to re-use it. Dang thing was tight!
Ours was the same way. It was way tighter than 18ftlbs. Surprised it didn't break taking it off.

Bretter

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
More small progress.
Brake reservoir, adapters and lines mounted.
Just need a longer hose for the clutch master cylinder.
20180419_203627.jpg

20180419_203608.jpg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Worked on the dual pass plumbing.
Hope the lines are tucked close enough in towards the engine, for fuel tank clearence.
20180422_170656.jpg

20180422_170711.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
More small progress.
Brake reservoir, adapters and lines mounted.
Just need a longer hose for the clutch master cylinder.
View attachment 3491
If you planning on running a hood, the clutch switch is too high and will hit the hood. Trust me, I know. Check out my the posts on my build. I had to cut it off and remount a different switch. I have another switch if you want to try and do the same thing I did.

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ctuinstras-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor.338/page-8#post-8352

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
If you planning on running a hood, the clutch switch is too high and will hit the hood. Trust me, I know. Check out my the posts on my build. I had to cut it off and remount a different switch. I have another switch if you want to try and do the same thing I did.

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ctuinstras-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor.338/page-8#post-8352
I saw that on your post and was thinking of doing that same modification.
But I've been contemplating building my own nose and front cowl. The cowl/hood would be a little higher giving more clearance. That is theoretical and not actual at this point.

Thank you for the offer on the switch though.

Question, is there something that extends the front bulkhead to the inside of the body to keep the heat from the radiator out of the cockpit?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Question, is there something that extends the front bulkhead to the inside of the body to keep the heat from the radiator out of the cockpit?
No, not really. Wouldn't be hard to use some firm foam or something the help cut down on it. Nobody has really complained about it being too bad.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
SC Intercooler fan question. What are people using for the fan power source?
Existing radiator fan circuit?
That is my plan. Engine coolant fan will run through low fan relay controlled by ECM and intercooler fan will run off the other fan relay which will be constant ground trigger to run full time with key on.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We are not going to add a fan to ours. It's going to mounted high and will always get good air. Unlike the engine at idle, it shouldn't create heat that needs to be cooled when standing still.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
That is my plan. Engine coolant fan will run through low fan relay controlled by ECM and intercooler fan will run off the other fan relay which will be constant ground trigger to run full time with key on.
Are you having to program the constant ground trigger in the ECU for the intercooler fan or is that circuit already configured that way?
I'm thinking of running dual heatexchangers, each with their own fan. I don't know off hand how much current draw the fan is but thinking I can power both from the same circuit. They're pretty small fans.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Are you having to program the constant ground trigger in the ECU for the intercooler fan or is that circuit already configured that way?
I'm thinking of running dual heatexchangers, each with their own fan. I don't know off hand how much current draw the fan is but thinking I can power both from the same circuit. They're pretty small fans.
The ECU usually provides the ground for the 86 pin of the relays to tell the fans when to turn on. I will just be grounding the 86 pin of the second relay right from the fusebox to ground instead of it going to the ECU.
725ADE0F-4913-42ED-A6F9-FF27C8482C3B.jpeg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
The ECU usually provides the ground for the 86 pin of the relays to tell the fans when to turn on. I will just be grounding the 86 pin of the second relay right from the fusebox to ground instead of it going to the ECU.
View attachment 3530
Awesome, thanks! I think I'll be doing the same.

The heatexchanger seems small in cooling capacity compared to the stock Cobalt one and the ZZP version.
Anyone running the provided heatexchanger noticing any heatsoak when driving for awhile or getting any coolant temp readings for Intercooler system?

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Awesome, thanks! I think I'll be doing the same.

The heatexchanger seems small in cooling capacity compared to the stock Cobalt one and the ZZP version.
Anyone running the provided heatexchanger noticing any heatsoak when driving for awhile or getting any coolant temp readings for Intercooler system?
I thought the same. A few people are running the stage 3 one from zzp. I am going to go with the provided one first and see how it goes.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I speak with Kyle from zzp somewhat often and he said it is important to have an efficient intercooler on these engines to reduce IAT’s & heat soak. I also question the efficiency of the provided one, but at the same time we don’t have a lot of other options where decent airflow is provided. Would be great if anyone had data logs to share.