Chris’ 09 TC street machine (REGISTERED)

Lethalcast

I noticed they put one of each tire for the front and back going the wrong direction. I'm not sure how much it will matter but they are directional.

Christopher Sanchez

Lethalcast

Ya haha it says on the tire. You should have all the tread in the same direction. The piece that connects them came from an 08 f450 fuel filter. I went to advance and just tried filters till I found the right size and cut it off. The hose came from a salvage yard when I just grabbed a bunch of weird ones and that one ended up working good.
15457919863377964911391727863729.jpg
15457920168024558439074498897734.jpg
1545792061032664388764808880147.jpg
1545792091597355248513789038503.jpg

Christopher Sanchez

Thanks, I will pick a fuel filter up and do the same. Good eye on the tires I didn’t even notice, I Need to switch the front passenger and rear driver. All my tires are the same size.

Christopher Sanchez

Have gotten a few things done on the car since my last upload, mainly test fitting parts I’ve ordered.. I ordered my own rear view mirrors, not sure if DF includes mounting plates but I used two gsxr mirror delete plates to mount my mirrors both in carbon fiber print. I moved the two wheels that were on the wrong size as lethalcast pointed out, thank you for that!

Attachments

Christopher Sanchez

I chose to go with race quip 5 point harnesses and was happy with the shear meatiness of them.. They say not for highway use so we shall see if I regret this purchase. I have learned that in NM it is required to have a “level III” VIN inspection performed by the state police dept. Mine is scheduled for April 11th! Painted and installed my steering column hardware, steering wheel and blinker... I have noticed my cancel function does not work with the car off so either the car has to be on or I need to purchase another switch.

Attachments

Christopher Sanchez

I have mounted my intercooler pump and have noticed that the hoses do not line up very well and the 1” heater hose I am uses likes to link rather than bend.. has anyone else used 90 deg bends for this purpose? The main issue is from the pump to the front heat exchanger. I have contacted Adam to order the stage 3 parts hood windshield button panel and parking brake kit. Will pick those up the second week in March.. considering the closest freight delivery station they could ship to was a 4 hr drive and 300$. DALLAS is 6 1/2 hrs away so we will make a weekend trip out of it..

Christopher Sanchez

I went with the cheap EBAY seat mounting brackets. I tried to snap some decent pics to show others what to expect if they go this route.. these were 50$ shipped and after hearing others had fitment issues with the “planted” brackets it made the decision a bit easier for me. I chose to weld in some square tubing for reinforcements. The seats did fit loose using these brackets before the square tubing was added but for the price I cannot complain it was a little issue that could be fixed with a cheap welder.

Attachments

Christopher Sanchez

The cancel I believe is a mechanical thing and shouldn't matter if the car is on or not.
Yea it looks to be solely mechanical, my kit supplied tab seems to be placed correctly but nothing happens as the tab swipes the switch ??? Either way very minor issue. Drove my cobalt for years self cancelling haha

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Man I really hate to bring this up but it looks like your power steering unit it mounted wrong. The top L-shaped bracket should be turned around where the bracket is closer to the driver and the "L" part is facing forward. This will also change the clock of the entire unit.

Also take a photo of the cancel unit and how you have it mounted with the steering wheel straight. It's easily mounted wrong also.

1549937629938.png

1549937675129.png

Christopher Sanchez

Man I really hate to bring this up but it looks like your power steering unit it mounted wrong. The top L-shaped bracket should be turned around where the bracket is closer to the driver and the "L" part is facing forward. This will also change the clock of the entire unit.

Also take a photo of the cancel unit and how you have it mounted with the steering wheel straight. It's easily mounted wrong also.

View attachment 7136
View attachment 7137
I see what you are referring to, it took a minute. Thank you! I was wondering if that would clear the hood..

Christopher Sanchez

A big thanks again to ctuinstra for pointing out that I had my power steering pump bracket on wrong. Figured while I had it apart I would mount the rpd screen on the column. One cut with the cutoff wheel, the dremel to clear some room on the inside for the bolts and two holes with the drill and it’s done. I am a little concerned that the windscreen/ hood will interfere with it but I will cross that bridge later, for now victory!

Attachments