Chris’ 09 TC street machine (REGISTERED)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
And while we're on the subject of pointing out things wrong with your build, it appears that your turn signal switch mounts might be upside down. :) It's very possible that mine might actually be wrong, but I believe they should bend up where they grab on to the switch. That won't affect your cancellation issue, but it's just something that stuck out.

Christopher Sanchez

And while we're on the subject of pointing out things wrong with your build, it appears that your turn signal switch mounts might be upside down. :) It's very possible that mine might actually be wrong, but I believe they should bend up where they grab on to the switch. That won't affect your cancellation issue, but it's just something that stuck out.
Thanks I flipped them. It didn’t affect the function but looks better. And you missed the most obvious thing wrong with my build, it’s not on the road yet!! Haha

Christopher Sanchez

Anyone splice into the factory fan connectors for rad fan and heat exchanger/pump? I haven’t seemed to have mastered the search function no matter what I enter it seems to either pull up newest or most viewed posts not necessarily by relevance

Lethalcast

I forget what size the elbow was but u can get one at ace for around 4 bucks. Pretty sure both map and maf were same size. Heres the wiring info for the heat exchanger
http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/heat-exchanger-fan-wiring.760/
Heres the radiator wiring info.
http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/first-stage-assembly-instructions.58/page-2#post-985
There is a ton of helpful info and pics in the assembly discussion that helpped me a lot. Adam and Lonny did a great write up and I found it easier than watching the videos in most circumstances.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm pretty sure the elbow is 1/8" NPT. Also, I'm sure you already know this but you shouldn't splice the radiator fan for the heat exchanger fan/pump. Both of those will need to run with the key on. The radiator fan wires are only active when the coolant temp is ~205 degrees.

Christopher Sanchez

I'm pretty sure the elbow is 1/8" NPT. Also, I'm sure you already know this but you shouldn't splice the radiator fan for the heat exchanger fan/pump. Both of those will need to run with the key on. The radiator fan wires are only active when the coolant temp is ~205 degrees.
Yikes that would be terrible! You’re giving me to much credit.. ha thanks

Christopher Sanchez

I forget what size the elbow was but u can get one at ace for around 4 bucks. Pretty sure both map and maf were same size. Heres the wiring info for the heat exchanger
http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/heat-exchanger-fan-wiring.760/
Heres the radiator wiring info.
http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/first-stage-assembly-instructions.58/page-2#post-985
There is a ton of helpful info and pics in the assembly discussion that helpped me a lot. Adam and Lonny did a great write up and I found it easier than watching the videos in most circumstances.
Thanks man, I tend to get lost when searching for specifics

Christopher Sanchez

Made some real progress, clutch bled, front brakes bled. The rears are not cooperating so much... parking brake cables ran.. Took it for a very cautious stroll around the neighborhood and even in 3rd gear going 15-20 it still wants to go.. can’t wait for the real test drive!

Attachments

Christopher Sanchez

At first you'll be convinced you're gonna die but that will soon subside and youll just want more power.
I am just happy the thing moved under its own power.. also I have already been thinking about a box tune for it such as HAHN, ZZP.. is yours tuned? It made a big difference in my old cobalt I can’t wait to see what it does to this thing!

Lethalcast

Yeah zzp tuned it remotely and if you get hp tuners I can send you the file. Mine just has 3bar map sensors.