Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

kalishek

That is a massive jump in power. Holy smokes!
That was my quote also but with with a four letter explitive substituted for the last word! It was amazing how an extra 100 hp transformed the car into a track beast. There was a Porsche GT3 Cup car at Willow Springs in my run group and I easily chased him down. At Road America the Corvette guys were coming by and asking what engine I was running. Imagine there faces when I told them it was a 2 liter turbo Ecotec.
KAL

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There’s a whole lot of power to be had with the ecotec. Even basic add-ons will net great gains.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Eh, we'll see. I'm worried that I'll F something up, tbh.
Jeremy: I am all stock except upgraded MAF sensors. You are welcome to a copy of my tune. It was done for another member at ZZP on their in-house dyno. 300 hp, 325 ft-lb. This power will easily get you to traction limitations, even with sticky slicks.
Not sure if your '08 would be any different than my '09. Might check there.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Jeremy: I am all stock except upgraded MAF sensors. You are welcome to a copy of my tune. It was done for another member at ZZP on their in-house dyno. 300 hp, 325 ft-lb. This power will easily get you to traction limitations, even with sticky slicks.
I would like to compare my tune to yours. I'll send you a private message with my email.

KSLunsfo

Jason, I'd actually be interested in that too if for nothing more than to have something to compare to when the time comes. Upgraded sensors are all the "power adders" I really plan on for the immediate future.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Just a caution.......and I know I preach this a lot: be sure you have very sticky tires if you are going to be running any of these tunes. My official stance is 200tw or lower for any goblin, but especially any SS or tuned goblin. You’ll thank me later.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That's another reason I am hesitant to tune. I'm running Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's now, which are a fine summer tire, but they're not sticky and they're not 200tw or lower. But I've derailed enough, sorry about that.