Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hope this little bit of maintenance will cure the bad noises. Good news your kit will be on its way shortly. Make sure you have lots of room in the garage to start with, to sort items and ensure you received everything. :D

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Got a base of POR15 brushed on the frame. This stuff looks nice and smooth, it would look better if my garage wasn't so dusty. It may be the mini split kicking dust up a light sand should take the bumps out. I will turn off the fan when I spray the frame.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If the POR15 base coat has dried for more than 24 hours, it will require a light sanding to get best adhesion with the topcoat. What are you planning to use for the topcoat?
Looks good, BTW, and should be a very tough finish when you are done. :D

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Hoses are in I was pretty spent after getting the first one in then popped the slug out twice on the second inches away from the end. The third time I used the tractor.

Attachments

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Those are what controls the dimming circuit. We just hook them together to max out the brightness.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I have put a lot of effort into putting my just one end on this fuel line and have been unsuccessful. I have done fuel line repairs before but I just cannot seem to get an end on this line. It appears to be the same type of line used for vacuum of the brake booster. I’ve heated it flared it boiled it and even stuck it in the end of a caulk gun compress it.

Attachments

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure we did not somehow send you the wrong size tubing. It should have "Nylon 3/8 O.D." marked on it.

If it is correct try this.