City frame guys

Christopher Sanchez

Kind of a dumb question but what are you city frame guys doing for long trips? I plan to take a trip to Austin in November and would like to drive the car the whole way with a friend. Even when packing super light I would expect us to have a small backpack each. In hindsight the full track frame would have made it a no brainer on luggage rack install. Basically i am looking for any tips, hacks or products that can solve this issue. A small rack mounted just over the engine would be probably be the only place but i am hoping for some ideas from the masses here. thanks

George

Goblin Guru
If you have a place arranged to stay ship what you need there FEDX. That way it is there waiting. Have a return label ready for return.

Brad

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have considered putting a receiver on the back - to allow for a bicycle rack, but a hitch carrier could be put in one too.
Put one pack behind the passenger seat, one in front of the same seat? maybe strap it up to the top of the passenger footwell area?

Christopher Sanchez

I have considered putting a receiver on the back - to allow for a bicycle rack, but a hitch carrier could be put in one too.
Put one pack behind the passenger seat, one in front of the same seat? maybe strap it up to the top of the passenger footwell area?
I am only 5'6" and I did install sliders so i may get away with one behind my seat. I do like the thought of maybe some elastic netting above the passenger's feet to keep things

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I just put my seat in, its in the middle of the seat mount. I am 5'10" I may put it back one more. Ignore the dirtyness. I really need to get it all cleaned from storage and the guy i bought them from. There is not a ton of room behind the seat, but if you didnt have a passenger you'd have plenty of room for a duffel bag. Maybe between their legs....

Lethalcast

I was thinking of some kind of removable cargo net I could attach under the hood with some small hooks glassed in. There is a lot of space that could be used there.

Paperscale

I have an MR2 Spyder, and that's a very small car with just a cubby behind the seats for storage. We took a week long trip in it, and pretty much stuffed the rear cubby as right as we could with a dufflel bag and as much beer would fit, then remaining items at my wife's feet. Without the beer, we definitely could have packed more haha.

That fiberglass footwell protector that Adam was talking about selling soon sounds like it'd be great for when you need to stuff things at the passengers feet.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I'll be at MotoGP next year. Not sure I'll have a completed Goblin by then, wheelchairs tend to make for slower work, but it would be a cool trip. A lot like the old bike trips
I’ve gone to every race, I’ll be there. Def don’t even want to talk about the last one
EBD304FB-78E3-4B69-9BD0-28D8742437DD.jpeg