City vs track frame

Jonathan O'Hara

I went with the track because I like the look and added protection. I wont admit it too much but wish at times I had the extended due to the space behind the seat. The mounts have 3 positions for the seats but if you are really short I would suggest sliders.
I'm 6'2, 240 lbs and I also sometimes wish I'd gone extended, mostly to get my head and helmet under the halo of my track frame.

I'm very happy with the track frame, even if it is a little more awkward to get into, because when you start driving fast the holy **** factor is more fun being surrounded by a metal frame.

I've trying to figure out aftermarket seat and welding new mounts to get my butt as low as possible but I'm not sure I'll actually be able to get low enough. If I'd gone extended, I've have 2 inches more height, and I could get reclining seats to lay down more. I'd say if you're like 5'10 or more and plan on wearing a helmet you might want the extended frame.

Tinkles

I've trying to figure out aftermarket seat and welding new mounts to get my butt as low as possible but I'm not sure I'll actually be able to get low enough. If I'd gone extended, I've have 2 inches more height, and I could get reclining seats to lay down more. I'd say if you're like 5'10 or more and plan on wearing a helmet you might want the extended frame.
Look at Kirkey seats. They should be able to be mounted low enough that it'll almost be like sitting on the floor of the car.

Jonathan O'Hara

Look at Kirkey seats. They should be able to be mounted low enough that it'll almost be like sitting on the floor of the car.
Thanks, I will!

I've got a ProCar seat seat that is pretty close to sitting on the floor. The sliders take like 2 inch (I need them to happily share the joy and let other people drive), and my terrible bracket fab job is burning probably another 2 inches. I'm going to redo brackets and weld in new mounts. I'll probably also take out the existing 5th point submarine mount point to get lower.