Clearing up some confusion

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Sup friends,
I'm confused on a few things. I get that these are super customizable after ordering, but I'm seeing some builds that look customized from the kit'screation.

What sort of things are people asking for that isn't included on the website? What are the cost adjustments for them?

I saw the one dude with the mid-entry change, that was an in-between from easy and normal entry... how does that work when ordering/paying?
I'm seeing some people with e-brakes, and I'd like for mine to have that as well when I get to that point - is this custom (post creation) or done by the DF team? Do the included brakes in the kit have an ebrake setup or is this all custom? I saw the one guy build a box for his ebrake handle from his donor...
I think the windshield is an in progress subject, but that definitely seems like a plus, I'd love to have this as a weather-permitting driver to work.

When it comes to seats and the normal vs extended frame setup, I've seen some people do custom frame rails and all... but how do both frame options play out with the original seats? In order to keep the wife content with me buying another car, when I do get in to the kit I'd prefer to focus the money pit on certain aspects of the build than replacing things that I can reuse from the donor, at least from the start. I've seen some comments about how the donor seats sit lower or through the floor pan - can someone clear that up for me?

Also, I'm located in Charlotte, NC / Lake Wylie, SC. I saw some folks around the area from the map and I was wondering if I could possibly meet anyone local to see these in person and get to know the group some more. I'm posting in the meetup thread as well to spur some Carolina interest.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The DF team has an e-brake option - I chose it. It was under $300, as I traded the stock kit brake calipers for the Solstice brake calipers. (I guess you can run with 2 calipers on your rear brakes, if you want full redundancy, but I was good with just one set of calipers on the rear. My e-brakes and brake pedal use the same rear brake pads.) I used the DF designed E-brake mount... basically it uses the Cobalt e-brake handle on top of the tunnel cap.

BAR_AIR has mentioned that he could sell his windshield - DF has the clear polycarbonate wind deflector... and so far I haven't seen a windshield option.

DF offers racing seats, but the kit will mount the stock Cobalt seats, if you want to save $$$ and upgrade later. That is my plan... upgrade later.
The stock seats slide 8" on the rails, but when mounted in my extended frame Goblin, I get 6" of travel before the seat hits the side frame. This is the first car that I won't be sliding the seat all the way back - as my feet won't reach the pedals. I am 5'10"... plenty of leg room, and the seat still slides forward enough for my wife (at 5'4").

askiles

Goblin Guru
I ordered the mid-entry option before the built my chassis, I believe it was around a $300 option.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Because I didn’t like the high bars or low bars I requested (“invented”) the mid-bar and DFG delivered! See my build log.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yeah I liked the look of it, I guess I'm just curious how the whole process works... how much of the design is left up to customization after ordering? Do you just shoot em an email and start the conversation? Also curious what the cost differences are with asking to change things, 300$ for the mid entry is a good example - thank you for clarifying.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Yeah I liked the look of it, I guess I'm just curious how the whole process works... how much of the design is left up to customization after ordering? Do you just shoot em an email and start the conversation? Also curious what the cost differences are with asking to change things, 300$ for the mid entry is a good example - thank you for clarifying.
That’s pretty much the answer lol. Email Adam and see what he says.

Last time I talked to Lonnie he said they were working 12 hours a day 7 days a week so involved custom options aren’t really on the table right now. But I assume if it’s something they’ve done before like entry bar mod or parking brake it’s just as simple as asking for it to be added to the invoice.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Some other options provided to me from Adam and Lonny:

Solid transmission mounts for SS:
  • For the SS cars we have solid transmissions mounts available.
  • They aren't necessary but they hold the engine still and can help prevent wheel hop
    We highly recommend these for SS/TC builds because of the added torque of the TC engine over the SC engine
Stainless braided brake hose kit:
  • At the back of your Goblin you can reuse your donor's front rubber hoses and we supply the hoses for the front of the Goblin
  • Alternatively, you can buy the stainless braided brake hose from us. It replaces all 4 hoses.
Button panels:
  • The panels come already assembled with buttons and the correct resistors soldered on
  • They are powder coated textured black and have white silk screened labels
Heat exchanger duct kit:
Rear coilovers kit

Parking brake kit:

• The parking brake kit replaces the rear brakes with Solstice brakes. The Solstice brakes have a built in parking brake function.
  • If you are going to use a parking brake, you need to keep the parking brake handle assembly, brake cables and aluminum cable guide tubes from your donor.
Boost gauge mount - $10 bare steel/$15 powder coated textured black

Foot well cover:

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the write up Jeff, that's exactly the type of info I was looking for.

So the kit comes with front coil overs, but not the rear (which are available separately)?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
"So the kit comes with front coil overs, but not the rear" This is correct. You can use the front Cobalt/donor struts for the rear Goblin suspension. You'll see both in various build logs.