clutch stuck down + no pressure

askiles

Goblin Guru
It does seem weird that there is that "slop" or "play" in the pushrod. I would venture to say something is wrong with your master cylinder. Was it the one out of the Cobalt, or a new one? If new, it could need to be "bench bled" first. If the old, then I would say just hook it all up, start pumping the pedal, and see if you get any pressure. I bled my clutch the old fashioned way. The Mrs sat in the driver's seat while I opened and closed the bleeder valve on the distribution block on the transmission. Down...up...down...up...LOL Worked really well! We got a ton of gross fluid out first, then it started flowing nice and clean. Great pedal feel. It was a lot easier than I anticipated.

aaronbuley

So no fluid comes out with the clutch line disconnected and you manually pump the clutch pedal?
correct. see the play in the pushrod at the beginning of the video, i'm thinking that's a problem and why it's not pumping anything through.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm pretty sure my push rod jiggled around at the end too. However, I don't remember how much. I don't know how many times you've pumped the clutch, but it could also be that you have air in the line.

It seems to me that you're doing everything right. Bleeding the clutch--just like the brakes--isn't rocket science. I don't mean that in a negative way. As long as your master cylinder has fluid and you've pumped the pedal an ample amount of times, then fluid should in theory come out. If it doesn't, then it might be time to replace it.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Did you check to make sure your hard line isn’t clogged? From the MC to the trans. Saw a post earlier about someone’s hard brake lines from DF had blockage in them. Just a thought.

aaronbuley

Did you check to make sure your hard line isn’t clogged? From the MC to the trans. Saw a post earlier about someone’s hard brake lines from DF had blockage in them. Just a thought.
yeah thanks, saw that too, but i can't even get fluid to flow through the master cylinder to get to the hard lines

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I would not have come up with that as the solution. It was obvious there was something wrong with the push rod being loose. Good find!