CNCMan's City Ext 07 LS Manual

CncMan333

I don't think I really want carnal knowledge of any part of project, but I get what you are saying. I was thinking about some lighting changes and I immediately knew exactly where to go on the harness to get to the wires I would need to change. That is pretty cool.

I finished the second harness video last night. Now before I start the reconfiguration I am going back and solving a couple of mysteries. I have two connectors that are not identified that I need to find in the book.

CncMan333

Yep that's it. I am sure most of the info you need for just about anything is there.... you just have to be able to find it.

redline

that is great I have a few sensors on my donor that didn't survive the crash. they are on top of the intake and I need to identify them and replace them. the more I tear it apart the more things I find, it is the gift that keeps on giving.

CncMan333

I actually thought I would have more mystery connectors, but I did a decent job of labeling things as I pulled the harness. I can't find this one though, anyone recognize it? It is a foot and half or so from the BCM plugs, it has a couple of wires that go to the blue BCM plug and one that goes to the fuse box.
mystery1.jpg

CncMan333

Mine is a 5 speed as well. So do I need it? Where was it plugged into in the donor? What did it do? Lots of questions...

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Mine is a 5 speed as well. So do I need it? Where was it plugged into in the donor? What did it do? Lots of questions...
I cut mine out. I do not believe it was plugged in on the donor. It was for shift interlock and shift indicator lights.

CncMan333

I am on the last harness video! I am enjoying doing it, but I can't wait to get done with it. Scratch that, I can't wait to see if I did it all right and everything runs..... Anyway, the issue I am having now is that the video, and the harness map with the dimensions on it and the 4 x 8 picture do not all agree on where wires go and how long they are. Generally I am just taking the longest option and going with it, I am sure that will make for some extra wire here and there, but I would rather that then having to extend things later.

This is the big photo - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPBhKTcrNjywMRVlvibPudTcwvkQlKuxmvQzzkvDvO4nlCVQZNkcNKLQXsi905iew?key=eUVHVlJ3c0g4MUVaQjllT1dIR3lBdTNGbU1vcWJn

and this is the map - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP5zuZwblkXHgdnmIetwJr08IDeRLOjrx-ZLYmgYrG9z76c7IyC6OviEyB-E5jgbw?key=N0YzY0tTQ1E4UTJvc1pRamNGMF9OcU5pNmVFaUlB

vid6a.jpgvid6a.jpg

Attachments

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I can tell you that the lengths in the Main Harness Map from ignition switch and up to the tail light/license plate wires are pretty much spot on. I did have to extend my OBD-II wires a few inches, but that's only because of where I chose to put it.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I also wanted to mention that the Main Harness Map doesn't seem to mention the lengths of the turn signal and headlight wires. So don't forget to account for those. The turn signal wires can leave the bundle around the area of the OBD-II and cruise control connectors. Route one group of three wires (red=marker light, orange=turn signal, green=ground) to the driver side, and another group over to the passenger side.

The head light wires can leave the main harness around where the fused BCM power wire exits. Make sure you leave them long enough to route around front suspension components. I think I made mine 40" long from where they leave the tunnel to the end of my connectors.

CncMan333

I think that by the end of today I will have the harness at a point where everything should be extended close to the right spot and I will zip tie it but not tape wrap it until I can mock it up in the car. That will be a couple of weeks since the frame is not even here yet and once it is we will have to look it over and then send it to powder coat. I have seen some things on here about people wishing they had welded in extra seat brackets and floor supports before powder coat. I am thinking that I would rather bolt on supports rather than putting more heat to the frame and possibly twisting it, although my welder is pretty good with that kind of stuff.

CncMan333

I am through the last harness video. I have all the wires extended and connected as shown in the video, but I did not do any wrapping. I think I will wait until we get the frame and do a pre-powdercoat mock up and actually plug everything in and wrap the harness at that time. All in all I enjoyed the harness job. The video was very good and systematic, there are a couple of things I am worried about, but when we turn that key and it goes vroom I will be relieved. lastharnesvidl.jpg

RichRich

I thought doing the wiring was great. Im not a wiring guy but still enjoyed doing it. I did the same as you and didn't clean the wires. I know what you mean be the stick, melted, gummy mess. I think it is a little better after ALL of the tape is removed.

I had to unwrap a few parts of my harness but it wasn't too bad. You will love the assembly process so much more.

Looking great man, keep the updates coming!!

Last edited: