Complete Build Parts from Donor Cobalt for FREE

dhof

To help a new builder get their project off the ground, I am offering one heck of a deal (FREE) on our Donor Cobalt parts. We decided not to finish the project after we stripped the car last fall.

Everything is in very good condition and every part (including the wiring harnesses) are preserved as described in the videos. We watched the videos as we took the car apart.

If you are planning to build a goblin, why waste the time stripping a car when we've done all of that for you? I even have 3 almost new wheels and one spare. You can have it all for FREE but you must take it all (no cherry picking). This is a very good 2007 (or 2008, not 100% sure at the time of this writing) Cobalt engine (2.2l) and ran perfectly (no warning lights) when we pulled it. The sub-frame, steering column, dash cluster, springs, struts, engine, wiring harness, and everything else is there. The engine is on a furniture dolly and could be rolled into the back of a pickup truck.

My friend owned this car so we know the history of it too. He is a freak about taking care of his stuff.

Preference will be given to the person who can pick it up the soonest. Please include a time frame of when you can be here in Granville, Ohio (43023) to pick it up.

dhof

Why would a title be a sticking point for auto parts? I had to surrender the title when we scrapped the rest of the car. So, there is no title.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Because you need to prove ownership of the donor when you apply for a Goblin VIN to show it wasn't stolen. Some states might accept a notarized bill of sale, but a title would be ideal.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The engine would do me no good in good here in Missouri without a title. That's the first thing they do, inspect to see if I owned the donor car and the parts are not hot or stolen.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The engine/transmission is worth money. I would jumped on this last year when I needed a replacement engine for Tiffany's car. You could always try to sell it on Craigslist.

With enough time, there will be someone who would love to take it, but Goblin builder are few and far between.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Email Adam, maybe he can post to their Facebook page and get the word out. As ctuinstra said someone for sure would want this, but it’s the timing that’s the issue.

Title for donor car isn’t required here in Texas. And most states do require you sign over the title for the scrap vehicle, so I wouldn’t be super concerned with that.

jpr

I'll have to work out logistics (I live south of Minneapolis) but I'll be in Cleveland the weekend of 8/10... interested if nobody else is.

ed: logistics worked out!

Last edited:

Delee

no promises im'e in west Michigan but let me see if I can work something out. I want to build a TC Goblin bad.

jpr

no promises im'e in west Michigan but let me see if I can work something out. I want to build a TC Goblin bad.
Should've updated here, I ended up using this as my donor. Running and driving as of a couple months ago.