Considering a Goblin - in North Carolina

baustin

Well, the auction is over and I've got an invoice to pay! Now the idea gets to start turning into a reality. Unfortunately b/c of the auction being in SC I have to deal with the extra broker fees/shipping cost (NC sales wouldn't require a broker) but I think my cost limit is reasonable. Next I'll have to see what the actual condition of the car is when it gets delivered...

baustin

I've gotten far enough into looking at the Cobalt SS/SC I purchased to feel comfortable that it's a good donor (not that it won't have things to fix but the engine stuff seems minor). So yesterday I submitted my order for the goblin kit. I guess I should think about starting a build log soon: track/extended 2006 SS/SC donor.

I should also look into how I want to try to sell stuff from the donor that I won't be using.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Selling parts from the donor can be a trying proposition if you don't want stuff sitting around for a while. I stripped out my donor and starting selling things at the beginning of April. I have sold about $500 worth of parts - interior, body panels, cooling/AC system, airbags, etc. - and am down to trunk lid, wiper system, and engine/transmission (I bought a new crate engine/trans). Everything was listed on Craig's list and sold locally, I'm in Phoenix so there is a big market for used parts. Good luck and just remember that eventually someone will want o purchase - price things cheap and they will go quickly.