Considering a set of 18" wheels

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Hello guys,

I'm considering a set of 18" wheels that I like the look of, and can get a really good price on. The fronts are 18 x 9, and the backs are 18 x 10. I'm not concerned about the fronts, but clearance in the back might be a problem.

Would anyone know offhand, if a 10 inch wide wheel with a +22 offset and 6.37" backspace would work on a Goblin?

Thank you in advance.

Ross

Goblin Guru
your wheels has 6.37" backspace = 161.7mm backspace.
The stock wheels on my 06 Cobalt SS have 143.6mm backspace.
So to keep the inside wheel rim at the same location, you need a 161.7-143.6 = 18.1mm thick spacer.
Without that spacer, your wheel is moving closer to the suspension.
That extra 18mm wouldn't rub my goblin when going straight...
My goblin has stock shocks, and a coil over kit on it.
My wheel spacing is about 6mm wider than stock with the aftermarket wheels,
so your wheels would be about 5mm away from my shocks.... might rub when cornering.

Goblin Guru
Perfect, thank you Ross.

The price is good, but spacers are no bueno for getting past the PA inspection. I'll have to think about this.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Hello guys,

I'm considering a set of 18" wheels that I like the look of, and can get a really good price on. The fronts are 18 x 9, and the backs are 18 x 10. I'm not concerned about the fronts, but clearance in the back might be a problem.

Would anyone know offhand, if a 10 inch wide wheel with a +22 offset and 6.37" backspace would work on a Goblin?

Thank you in advance.
I have 15x10 et 25 with BC coilovers " https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-2422.html "on all four corners no rubbing in the rear but rub front control arms close to full lock. I think a 16 or 17 in the front could solve this issue or narrower front control arms. By looking at the 15x10 25et wheels your problem would be making contact with the spring with the taller tire.

Attachments

Last edited:

Goblin Guru
I'm thinking I should probably pass on these and stick with my original plans, don't want any complications... thank you guys.