Coolant Tank

SliderR1

anybody got a part number for the level sensor in the coolant tank? Pretty sure mine is bad and I can't find one anywhere online..

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
anybody got a part number for the level sensor in the coolant tank? Pretty sure mine is bad and I can't find one anywhere online..
Funny you should mention that. I bought a new recovery tank it didn't have the sensor in it. So I had to pop out the old sensor and move it into the new tank only to find out the new tank doesn't have the magnetic float in it either so my sensor will never work with the new tank. I've been hesitant to buy a new tank for the SS/SC because they are $75 and the mounts are different whereas the base model tanks are $45 and made to mount to the frame but don't have the sensors in them.

I've very anal about I would like for the sensor to work in the base model tank (cause it's new and fits). There is no way to move the magnetic float over because it is molded into the tank. So for now I've been living with the constant CHECK COOLANT LEVEL on the dash. I have that and the BRAKE light I'd like to get rid of and then the dash is clean of all errors and functions as it should.

Curious, did you buy a new tank? You may take you tank off and rattle it around to see if you can get the float to move. Check the sensor with a magnet before you buy a new one. Just hold the magnet towards the top of the sensor.

SliderR1

I bought a new tank. Bet I’m having the same problem as you since I bought the non SS tank. Didn’t realize the sensors were different between the two tanks.

Wes

My tab was broken when the donor was wrecked but I was able to use a zip tie to attach it. Haven't had any problems. Although now that I look at it, I would have needed to twist it to line up the bolt as well.

1534621839802.png

Devonrex

Does the base Cobalt coolant tank have a level sensor? (09 base LS) I am working on my wiring harness and do not see a wire, connector, or sensor.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I have a good SS recovery tank - tab is not broken, no coolant level warning when I disassembled the donor - out of an 08 TC.
I will be using a different recovery tank - not keen on a plastic tank exposed to the desert sun. Sure it could be painted, but why miss another chance to upgrade?
PM me if you would like to get it.