Cruise and Info Button Circuit

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Since it's so cold today, I spent some time dissecting the cruise control and info button pod on my 2007 SS/SC. Not sure if this is the same used on other SS models. This schematic I made includes the resistor values used. Not sure why the values are different for some of the LEDs used in the illumination circuit are different. It was cold in the garage and I was shivering a bit, so I may not have this 100% but I feel confident in it.

I'm probably going to use the circuit PWB and wire the external switches to it.

Enjoy.

Attachments

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm glad you posted this. Did you measure the info button resistances manually? My schematics don't have those values listed.

Also, can you post a pic of the left/right steering wheel control buttons? I didn't save mine, and I'm having a hard time visualizing them

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm glad you posted this. Did you measure the info button resistances manually? My schematics don't have those values listed.

Also, can you post a pic of the left/right steering wheel control buttons? I didn't save mine, and I'm having a hard time visualizing them
I did just measure them. And they do measure as the schematic I created. It's open until you press the Info button and then the resistance is 1.27K. When the Enter button is pressed, then the resistance is .72K.

I don't have any pics of the right side since it was all audio controls and I wasn't going to use them.

Here is the left side.

DSCN1001.JPG
DSCN1002.JPG

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
There is supposed to be a third resistance when you press both buttons at the same time. That's supposed to give you a virtual menu button for controlling other things.

I wonder what that value is or if we even need it.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There is supposed to be a third resistance when you press both buttons at the same time. That's supposed to give you a virtual menu button for controlling other things.

I wonder what that value is or if we even need it.
It's still there built in the circuit. If you press them both at the same time, the value will be the parallel value of the two resistors, about 457 ohms.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I guess you can't upload files to conversations.
You can upload to Media to post the picture there and then just copy the link into the conversation, but this worked also.

This is what I found for a 2005. It's a different schematic but it very closely resembles my schematic, just drawn different. I'm sure there are different versions of this setup out there for each model/year.

Capture.PNG

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Something doesn't make sense. The '07s and '10s are consistent with your original diagram by having the resistors in parallel, but the '08s and '09s have their resistors wired differently in series.

I wonder if the left steering wheel control is different for those two years. Can anybody confirm that?